Like Tree61Likes

Lee plans to open Border

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lee plans to open Border

Incoming leader John Lee Ka-chiu is working on a strategy to reopen Hong Kong’s borders with mainland China and the rest of the world, including a possible reduction of mandatory quarantine for travellers, and also plans to attend the Apec leaders’ summit in Bangkok in November as part of a more aggressive drive to promote his home city.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...open-hong-kong

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor:
    Incoming leader John Lee Ka-chiu is working on a strategy to reopen Hong Kong’s borders with mainland China and the rest of the world, including a possible reduction of mandatory quarantine for travellers, and also plans to attend the Apec leaders’ summit in Bangkok in November as part of a more aggressive drive to promote his home city.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...open-hong-kong
    Is this his vision for Hong Kong post-2047?

Without a firm commitment on timing it's just more of the same empty words we've been getting from the current administration.
    Gatts, Rob2020, ramelec and 9 others like this.

Yes we’ve heard it all before but however pro China he is he has the benefit (from me anyway) of starting with a blank canvas. He may succeed where CL has failed.

What a fluff piece. If he really opens the mainland border, international borders are in no way opening up. It's also clearly not Lee's call anyway.

Right noises. Home quarantine is hardly the same as opening the border, but I'd take it at this point. Even the health authority idiots are thinking out loud about how undramatic the 6th wave is...

Plenty authoritarian jackboot tactics in the toolbox to win the approval of the master in other ways.

I am a snap judger and will be very happy to be ridiculed if proven wrong. My radar is getting a very high bullshit reading from him. He's using all the classic phrases and words that an advanced bullshitter would use.

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

But I would take a change of CE any time over CL. CL just means the same old and no chance for improvement. A change could be worse or better but sticking with the same makes no sense. And I get to sling mud at someone new if no good, new dartboard always better

jabalong and Fatpigkenny like this.

One day, when we are doing CUT, you may wish for my dear love to be the CE again

qhank and AsianXpat0 like this.

Reverse engineer originally planned Nov opening after Xi's annointation, start chatter couple of months ago, pretend to work extremly hard to open metaphorical border gate literally with all the force, blood and sweat.. Declare victory over covide on both sides of the border, hail and worship our leaders with ecstatic naked victory dance on the street.. Yaaaawn.....

aw451, jabalong and MatthieuTofu like this.

And for the next trick he will square the circle.

natino likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast