Transferring money to Phillippines

Transferring money to Phillippines

Hi All,

I need to transfer a relatively large sum to an account in the Phils. Regarding exchange rates, should I make the trek to World Wide House as our helper suggests, or are banks usually better options (HSBC/SC/WU)? Suggestions much appreciated.

Try to search for i-remit Hongkong in fb, been using them for many years now, also tried hsbc bank to bank but rate is lower with higher fees
    Name:  Screenshot_20220625-131629.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  894.9 KB

Wise.com

I use it regularly for small to medium amounts

Will check them out, thanks for the suggestions!

The responses in https://geoexpat.com/forum/40/thread356047.html are still relevant too.

I regularly remit to my hometown using AlipayHK / WeChat -> PH bank, arrives within 20 mins, better rates than most services and fixed fee of HKD 15/20. The only problem is the amount limit, around ~9000 HKD per month.

NO BANKS

Do not use international banks for the transfer as the exchange rate is Awful. Worldwide has always been good for us, but beware if you send large sums of money you need to show proof of where the money came from as they are always looking for money laundering scams.

Wise.com

Try Wise.com: This might work for the Philippines too...it did for me to send to Malaysia, with very reasonable rate and cost