Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Beanieskis

Current Quarantine and Hospitalization Rules

Closed Thread

Exclamation Current Quarantine and Hospitalization Rules

Does anybody know what the rules are now regarding home quarantine, penny bay and hospitalisation when you are positive or close contact? I lost track....

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Does anybody know what the rules are now regarding home quarantine, penny bay and hospitalisation when you are positive or close contact? I lost track....
    Home quarantine if you have suitable accommodation (2 toilets), don't live with vulnerable people, and don't have a more recent variant of concern. A CIF if you don't meet the above, and PB for your close contacts if you have a recent variant. Hospital seems to only be if you actually need hospital care these days. Apparently a lot of the cases in hospital are in for other reasons - i.e. with Covid not because of Covid.
    shri and Sith like this.

What happens if you don't have an official lease, for example you are subletting or staying in an airbnb?

I remember early in 2020 (before hotel quarantine and Penny Bay) a friend quarantined at another friends place and the Department of Health inspected the apartment first when they arrived. Is it a similar arrangement now?

Quote Originally Posted by O_O:
    What happens if you don't have an official lease, for example you are subletting or staying in an airbnb?

I remember early in 2020 (before hotel quarantine and Penny Bay) a friend quarantined at another friends place and the Department of Health inspected the apartment first when they arrived. Is it a similar arrangement now?
    No idea, but with 1700 cases per day I don't imagine they have capacity to come and check.