HK to Cut Quarantine Days(5+2) of Int'l Arrivals:Health Minister

It's getting closer to normal! Yes? No?

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/zozTI6SyV2qN5znlXm3ahA

2020 normal was home quarantine..

2022 normal..??

Watch hotel rates soar through the roof

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    Watch hotel rates soar through the roof
    Am I missing something? Why would this happen?

I don't see this helping HK. Theres still a 7 day quarantine period. 99.9% of tourists and business travelers will never visit HK under these conditions. I suppose its a small improvement for returning locals.

Milocate and statman like this.

I want to visit HK for some business, meet some of the new staff I hired the last few years and only ever had video calls with, withdraw my MPF, sell my HK property, pay a visit to interactive brokers office to verify my ID so they lift the fucking restriction on my account that stops me withdrawing overseas, reset my 36 month PR clock which will expire in January otherwise I wont be able to scam consumption vouchers anymore, have a beer with @shri and some other mates, etc. This 5+2 bullshit does nothing for me, still 7 days stuck in a hotel? No thanks, I'll wait.

@bdw - be ready to book your tickets around late Sept / early October... For travel after mid late Oct.. (Inshallah!)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @bdw - be ready to book your tickets around late Sept / early October... For travel after mid late Oct.. (Inshallah!)
    Given the chaos in the UK and other places, I'd be inclined to defer any non-essential travel for at least a few months after the borders re-open.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Given the chaos in the UK and other places, I'd be inclined to defer any non-essential travel for at least a few months after the borders re-open.
    May be my view is cynical...

I personally think we're so behind on the curve in terms of volume - it will not matter.

I don't think the crowds that buy the low cost tickets for a long weekend on the beach - or even to thailand, will be making their way to HK.
    Cheeky Kiwi and spode like this.

If we already booked a quarantine hotel during August-October according to the 7 day rule, and this 5+2 comes into effect (though doubtful), do people get compensated by the hotel for the extra 2 days they paid? Sorry if this is a silly question.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast