Like Tree21Likes

What will Carrie do with her retirement?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What will Carrie do with her retirement?

The clearest report I've seen about what her kids are up to. Doesn't mention her husband - not sure where he is. Doesn't really tie up with her comments that she will spend more time with her family - unless they return to visit.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...4WEqACjvjAj6lI

MABinPengChau likes this.

They have also just rented an office space for her at about 400K per month, in Pacific Place according to local media.

With sanctions and patriotism.. I suspect no one is goij g anywhere soon.

I, for one, look forward to the glowing guest op-ed pieces she will write in many publications about Greater Bay, Lantau tomorrow, etc. With any luck, she will also be a guest speaker at random promotion events for the above and we can still see her emotions...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I, for one, look forward to the glowing guest op-ed pieces she will write in many publications about Greater Bay, Lantau tomorrow, etc. With any luck, she will also be a guest speaker at random promotion events for the above and we can still see her emotions...
    just pick up the phone to Blair and ask how he managed to earn a fortune despite the non existing WMD

Mrs Lam mentioned nothing about her immediate future plans in her final press meetings - but looking for a new home with space to store piles of cash is probably on her to-do list, our correspondent says.
    Written in total seriousness by the BBC. I lol.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-61991980
    shri, drumbrake, cookie09 and 2 others like this.

I believe her husand lives and works in Cambridge,UK and he has told her he doesn't want her there (even if she could) and he isn't returning to HK. I think that's what you might call a "Catholic Divorce" lol. She basically admitted they have separated in an interview a couple of weeks ago (sorry, can't find the link). It seems she has made her bed and now has to lie in it.

Feeling sorry for her. Well, almost.

Due to US sanctions, she could count her pile of cash from her salary.

https://fortune.com/2020/11/30/carri...ong-sanctions/

I hope she stays in HK. Really. Because CCP has a pristine record of treating its alumni real well so i will be v unhappy if she takes off to settle somewhere else permanently out of CCP’s reach.

The cash is good for us. For all of HK. She will encounter no AML difficulties because her source is known so it’s just admin pain. There are only 2 ways she can deal w that money - she either has to spend it as-is in cash which means it helps w HK economy or if she’s resourceful enough, spend it to convert, eg buy gold or house etc - all of which also helps w HK economy.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PointingFinger:
    I believe her husand lives and works in Cambridge,UK and he has told her he doesn't want her there (even if she could) and he isn't returning to HK. I think that's what you might call a "Catholic Divorce" lol. She basically admitted they have separated in an interview a couple of weeks ago (sorry, can't find the link). It seems she has made her bed and now has to lie in it.
    Doubt she is all that welcome in the UK so doubt we see her there...which is convenient for her husband.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast