Like Tree168Likes

July 2022: HK Covid News & Updates

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17

Yes,LOL I thought I was one of them!

Made it to March 2022 and got fed up of not seeing my family

I really swore I'd stay in Hong Kong noatter what,but the COVID policies got the better of me

I miss HK though,I had a wonderful twelve years there and I'll certainly be going back to visit in the future

Not one death caused by Covid. I know we know this but its pissing me off all the same

88/M; cirrhosis, stroke, bed-ridden61/M; suspected lung cancer, unconscious at home, dead at A&E86/M; hypertension, 20/7 COVID+, pneumonia75/M; lung cancer, hospice, palliative care55/F; fell from a height, RAT+ post-mortem

Personal update. Having tested positive the day I arrived in the UK (21st) I only really had heavy cold symptoms on 22 and 23rd. Since then I’ve clearly got symptoms but they’re niggly more than anything except that I definitely tire towards late afternoon (and it’s not jet lag). Still RAT positive. I’m due to fly back on 5th August landing 6th and need a negative medical RAT on 4th afternoon (I’m aiming for the recovery route). I know that’s still 6 days away but I’m not feeling confident I’ll shift this enough to pass the RAT. I’m going to be at the mercy of hotel availability and flight rebooking. Even if I fly I’m so wary that the arrival RAT and PCR are going to be positive and I’ll end up in a CIF

Beanieskis and MABinPengChau like this.

You'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Personal update. Having tested positive the day I arrived in the UK (21st) I only really had heavy cold symptoms on 22 and 23rd. Since then I’ve clearly got symptoms but they’re niggly more than anything except that I definitely tire towards late afternoon (and it’s not jet lag). Still RAT positive. I’m due to fly back on 5th August landing 6th and need a negative medical RAT on 4th afternoon (I’m aiming for the recovery route). I know that’s still 6 days away but I’m not feeling confident I’ll shift this enough to pass the RAT. I’m going to be at the mercy of hotel availability and flight rebooking. Even if I fly I’m so wary that the arrival RAT and PCR are going to be positive and I’ll end up in a CIF
    At least a CIF would be free. Are you travelling alone or with children?

Anyway, hope you make the flight! I've decided to bin my short UK trip as I was leaving my son here and can't risk being separated from him if I can't get back. Gutted to be missing the UK event.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    At least a CIF would be free. Are you travelling alone or with children?
    I don't follow developments on this... BUT ... I don't think you get a hotel room refund - do you?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I don't follow developments on this... BUT ... I don't think you get a hotel room refund - do you?
    I don't follow developments on this either... BUT ... I think you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    I don't follow developments on this either... BUT ... I think you do.
    Not hotel room fuckery ... I seriously have no clue if there is a policy to refund hotel rooms which would render a CIF "free". In inshallah mode.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yes I think most hotels refund if you test positive on arrival. Not sure if they do halfway through your stay.
    shri and Sith like this.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17