Like Tree170Likes

July 2022: HK Covid News & Updates

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Lol, calling Tripperhead an expert is quite the stretch. Unless the "expertise" is reposting numbers on Twitter
    Or continually telling the world how wonderful he is - (yes he does a great job of accurate information supply)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Is it me or is Prof Ben Cowling growing balder with all the hair he's pulling out?
    Cheeky Kiwi and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Lol, calling Tripperhead an expert is quite the stretch. Unless the "expertise" is reposting numbers on Twitter
    Calling him an expert might be a stretch, but calling those HK health/covid pricks experts is a farce.

shri likes this.

Former coworker tested positive and...got sent to Penny's Bay. Lives at home with her family, didn't really want to infect them all and is/was starting a new job this week. Sent pics of food, looked pretty dire, seems no more good Indian option. They picked her up at 11PM at night of the day she reported her results. Rule is 6-7 days if you have 2 shots, 2 weeks for the unvaccinated. I think I might have just found a hotel and ordered in Food Panda for a week or so but this is the more cost-effective option if money is an issue...

Sage likes this.

We're now back to looking at 10K a day with 6K in a couple of weeks.

Chuang Shuk-kwan, head of the Centre for Health Protection's communicable disease branch, warned the daily infections could double to 6,000 in two weeks, adding the surge could put pressure on the medical system.

Government health expert Lau Yu-lung estimated that the caseload could exceed 10,000 next month or in September.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...ion/11/243721/
    qhank likes this.

Authorities may reconsider the mask mandate if the pandemic is under control by next summer.

Well I've got my supply of utterly pointless zero filtration T8 masks lined up, but must say that reverting to no mask outdoors has been uneventful for the last few weeks. This has included several walkbys of police who have generally been enforcing no stopping signs in Central or on the look out for helpers to hassle. I did get a “mask please” from one near the beachfront but no attempt to fine.
    Sage and Cheeky Kiwi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Aren't countries with developed government systems welcoming increased infection rates during the summer months to reduce the burden on health care provision in the winter months?

These infection rates may even be considered stubbornly low. How many vaccinated people admitted to the ICU this week?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Ben Cowling seems to think reaching 10k cases per day is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Aren't countries with developed government systems welcoming increased infection rates during the summer months to reduce the burden on health care provision in the winter months?

These infection rates may even be considered stubbornly low. How many vaccinated people admitted to the ICU this week?
    I can see the logic in the first paragraph, but which governments have said they welcome an increase in cases?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast