Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By HSY
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau
  • 2 Post By eightfivetwo
  • 2 Post By mrgoodkat

Sedition Trial for Writing Children's Books

Sedition Trial for Writing Children's Books

Five speech therapists go on trial for writing seditious children's books about the protests. Mainlanders are "wolves" and HK people are "sheep." Hope they throw the book at them and send them to Xinxiang re-education camps...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ech-therapists

Less is more... something they can't seem to get. They made such a big deal out of these seditious materials (who even knew, I def didn't) that I had to read up on it.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Whoa, just watched the piece on Al Jazeera and these defendants have been held IN CUSTODY pre-trial. Holy shit, I got out just in time...so, whatever the outcome, they will have spent a year in jail over some cartoon books with I'm guessing not a terribly wide circulation...

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Whoa, just watched the piece on Al Jazeera and these defendants have been held IN CUSTODY pre-trial. Holy shit, I got out just in time...so, whatever the outcome, they will have spent a year in jail over some cartoon books with I'm guessing not a terribly wide circulation...
    That'll show 'em

Some stat was floating around on Twitter about the average pre-trial detention for anyone charged under NSL / sedition (both carry same bail conditions); it's essentially around a year.

So if the Govt wants to lock you up for a year, all they have to do is charge you. Won't even have to prove it until a year later.
    shri and MABinPengChau like this.

36% of HK's prison population are in pre-trial detention.

https://webb-site.com/dbpub/jail.asp
    shri and MABinPengChau like this.