Like Tree178Likes

8th July: Health Chief Rules out Quarantine Free Travel

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

At least we are moving in the right direction.

The new administration has taken all of a week to do so.

Compared to the last administration.

Still early days, but at least it makes the new CE a little bit more popular. Or at least seem to have a bit more common sense and less stubborness.

Original Post Deleted
    New government also living in lahlah land thinking that they can break transmission chains, stop Covid…. Newsflash … they can’t. You can’t declare victory over Covid now or in the future…
    statman likes this.

I do think we are being too harsh on the new regime PCR more accurate than RAT is undeniable. Flight ban gone, looking at reducing QT. They can’t unravel 2 years of mess in an instant and have to work out how to do it without Incurring the wrath of Beijing. So far so good. I prefer their measured approach to anything we’ve had before

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I do think we are being too harsh on the new regime PCR more accurate than RAT is undeniable. Flight ban gone, looking at reducing QT. They can’t unravel 2 years of mess in an instant and have to work out how to do it without Incurring the wrath of Beijing. So far so good. I prefer their measured approach to anything we’ve had before
    Yet they actually can just undo it all instantly, it’s as you say the “boss” mentality that is now everyone’s biggest enemy. At the very least they could give everyone a roadmap with clear dates. Science based approach is that opening now is best timing. They wait and delay and it’s another 2 years of delaying and committees and daily press conferences and agony.

Quote Originally Posted by natino:
    There were a handful of forum members that said they wouldn’t return to HK after their summer trips if they had to book a hotel for quarantine. That should free up some space.
    my flight back is on 1st of september...and quarantine will be gone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaravonbreit:
    You’re talking fully right? As in, jump on the airport express to HK station after landing…like back in the days? 7 days home quarantine is just as bad when unscientific.

I think you’re dreaming…
    rkenia852 and statman like this.

Only if you say it enough times everyday... and don't forget to mention it if you happen to befriend any overseas student from HK/China in your travels. I intend to bribe the next one I see.
    natino and Crankshaft like this.

You post this literally in the thread where the first post directly quotes the new health secretary that quarantine will remain. I do wonder how you process the world around you.
    natino and Crankshaft like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    You post this literally in the thread where the first post directly quotes the new health secretary that quarantine will remain. I do wonder how you process the world around you.
    At this point we have to assume it’s a troll or someone pretty unhinged. Or they really do think they will win the mark 6 if only they play enough.
    Crankshaft and shri like this.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast