Like Tree73Likes

Hope: Nov 'may be' quarantine free for travel..

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    I doubt whether there will be any lifting of restrictions, not whilst Covid cases are rising in other countries.
    Yep, couldnt agree more as November is the month for the winter waves to form and certain countries getting on HK's shitlist.
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Yep, couldnt agree more as November is the month for the winter waves to form and certain countries getting on HK's shitlist.
    And these winter waves will continue for the decades to come .... I expect the next administration will launch another "hope for quarantine free travel" around 2027.
    Cheeky Kiwi and BraveRis like this.

Agree that if we were lining up for a summer time relaxation I'd be much more convinced. Now the masks are gone it seems likely this winter will see flu, plus covid, plus people freezing to death more than usual due to not being able to heat their homes. I think it's gonna be another bad bad winter for European health services, and Experts are gonna freak out.

But I'd take just being able to go to NZ, Japan, Singapore and other “clean” countries quarantine free if that's the next step on this ladder. Frankly I don't mind if I have to wear an arm band, ankle tag, high vis vest and flashing light for a week.

Resurrect the quarantine free bubble travel YO

shri likes this.

By then it might be too little, too late for the economy and standing as a world financial hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Agree that if we were lining up for a summer time relaxation I'd be much more convinced. Now the masks are gone it seems likely this winter will see flu, plus covid, plus people freezing to death more than usual due to not being able to heat their homes. I think it's gonna be another bad bad winter for European health services, and Experts are gonna freak out.

But I'd take just being able to go to NZ, Japan, Singapore and other “clean” countries quarantine free if that's the next step on this ladder. Frankly I don't mind if I have to wear an arm band, ankle tag, high vis vest and flashing light for a week.
    The timing of easing isn't just about public health though is it? It's about ensuring there is nothing that might create social instability prior to Xi's third term being confirmed - isn't it? (Although arguably continued failure of lockdowns to allow a return to normal life within the mainland borders could ultimately be as unstabilising as mass casualties of old people, or annoyance of mainlanders if they see HKers getting freedom to travel back before they do. Has the annoyance about open beaches here died down yet?).

The health secretary now seems to have said that a couple of thousand cases per day is acceptable as long as the number of daily cases isn't increasing... Zero Covid now seems to mean an R number of <1 rather than a reflection of case numbers... A few thousand cases a day will keep the immunity in HK ticking over until more opening up happens.

Also - have we seen much seasonality with Covid?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4