Like Tree127Likes

Couple plunges to death in Kennedy Town, lands on taxi and school bus

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    I didn't say this only happened in HK. But from everything I've been told and read, as I understand this was a bigger issue in the Cantonese media, the HK media was unhelpful in getting the public on board with the vaccination programme, leading to huge vaccination hesitancy particularly among the elderly, that simply wasn't an issue in many other countries. Not just the media's problem sure, the government's policies didn't help either.
    It's bigger than the media and the govt - It's Chinese culture - They are more fearful, more superstitious, more 'selfish' and more compliant (and thus also less inclined to crime) than our culture. The media and the government play to the specifics of their population.

The government and the media are products of their culture, as they are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    It's bigger than the media and the govt - It's Chinese culture - They are more fearful, more superstitious, more 'selfish' and more compliant (and thus also less inclined to crime) than our culture. The media and the government play to the specifics of their population.

The government and the media are products of their culture, as they are everywhere.
    So in summary, the biggest problem in HK is that there are too many Chinese. Chinese culture inferior and yours superior... You forgot they are shorter, weaker, the men have smaller penises and the women smaller breasts oh and why not throw in less creative to round it out. Maybe you should have started your post with I'm not racist but... It's always a good disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:

I guess the Daily Mail plays to the specific of their population too...

What about Singapore then, or is that more of a melting pot, culturally? They had very high compliance with the vaccination programme.
    shri likes this.

They were determined to reopen since last year so it was very top-down driven (and still gibes with fearful and compliant).

Hence why culture and media are so obviously secondary compared to policy.

On the original topic, it’s sad that people who clearly mean well, just for different groups have chosen to have unnecessary conflict. If it makes anyone happier, if I ever choose to jump, I’ll try not to hit anyone, but as others have said, I imagine it may not be topmost of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    So in summary, the biggest problem in HK is that there are too many Chinese. Chinese culture inferior and yours superior... You forgot they are shorter, weaker, the men have smaller penises and the women smaller breasts oh and why not throw in less creative to round it out. Maybe you should have started your post with I'm not racist but... It's always a good disclaimer.
    I didn't forget, it's just that there is no clear link to Chinese people being physically smaller (in all the senses you mention) and their propensity towards compliance, fear etc - But perhaps you have a theory on the matter you'd like to share?

Does it also include anything intelligent about how culture has become an exclusive function of race in your mind?

As for being less creative, that's a new one on me, why do you assert that?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    I guess the Daily Mail plays to the specific of their population too...

What about Singapore then, or is that more of a melting pot, culturally? They had very high compliance with the vaccination programme.

The DM does indeed, as does The Observer and The Times and the Telegraph and the BBC etc.

As for Singapore - yes it's more of a melting pot exactly, but a better way to think about it is if you look at similar data for Chinatown's in Europe and the US. And then contrast that with say Hubei, then Shanghai, then Taipei then Singapore etc.
    Beanieskis likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8