Like Tree127Likes

Couple plunges to death in Kennedy Town, lands on taxi and school bus

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Couple plunges to death in Kennedy Town, lands on taxi and school bus

Poor kids in school bus, traumatised for life.Couple plunges to death in Kennedy Town, lands on taxi and school bus – The Standard

shri and hullexile like this.

Please don't forget that two people were desperate enough to jump to their death. That's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaravonbreit:
    Please don't forget that two people were desperate enough to jump to their death. That's horrible.
    It is a bit morbid, but have never been a fan of jumpers. My nightmare scenario would involve them falling on someone and crippling them for life.

If your life reaches a stage where you need to end it, do it quietly and make sure you don't mess someone else up.

No judgement.. Just a random risk averse thought that I have when I hear about jumpers.

A friend who lived in a ground floor flat in Wanchai had a jumper experience. The jumper's body hit a number of things on the way down and broke into several parts, so he only ended up with an arm on his property. It was a young woman who had her heart broken.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    A friend who lived in a ground floor flat in Wanchai had a jumper experience. The jumper's body hit a number of things on the way down and broke into several parts, so he only ended up with an arm on his property. It was a young woman who had her heart broken.
    I saw that first hand (pardon the pun), was walking back from the HK Football Club and the police/fire had setup a huge inflatable cushion outside the Valley Center building, the jumper quickly moved to the side of the building and jumped, as mentioned she broke into a few pieces on the way down, thankfully the services ready, but not fast enough to cover up the outcome.

The noise and image (her hitting the building, then the road) is still burnt into my memory.

I get you, but you just can't expect someone who is desperate enough to end his own life to be considerate to his fellow citizens.

For an individual to decide to end their life by jumping off a building or any other means in a crowded place or an isolated one is incomprehensible but the ignorance about mental health in this post is tragic.

AmyMi and FitzgeraldW85 like this.

Pretty sure there was an incident in Shatin about ten years ago when a jumper landed on a pedestrian and killed them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhorse:
    For an individual to decide to end their life by jumping off a building or any other means in a crowded place or an isolated one is incomprehensible but the ignorance about mental health in this post is tragic.
    If you're a parent then your response to this incident is considering the potentially life long impact on your child's mental health, if they were on that bus. So no it's not ignorance about mental health - it's a standard parental response to any event involving children.
    jgl, hullexile, Mediumrare and 7 others like this.

“If your life reaches a stage where you need to end it, do it quietly and make sure you don't mess someone else up.”

This is ignorance !!
    Last edited by Happyhorse; 27-07-2022 at 09:57 AM. Reason: .
    calmathetic9 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast