Like Tree159Likes

HK 7s - Confirmed for Nov 4-6 (2022)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Meavwhile our elderly friends and relatives are literally dying and we're not able to attend funerals due to quarantine. It's a bit easier now, but impossible when we had 3 week quarantine and airline bans.

Not being able to go on holiday. Cry me a river.
    Not being to go to a funeral, (They're dead anyway, why does it matter?) Cry me a river.

...You see where that sort of attitude leads?
    Mrs. Jones and Mary 2 like this.

The Commonwealth games Rugby 7s culminates today.

So if you don’t have access to BBC I-Player, it can be watched on the Indian sports channels if you have a Upro TV box.

All men’s rugby sevens matches will be televised live in India from Birmingham on the Sony TEN 1, Sony TEN 2, Sony TEN 3, Sony SIX, and Sony TEN 4 networks. The games will be broadcast live on the Sony LIV app and website, making it simple for Indian fans to follow the action as it develops.

Semi finals will be NZ V Fiji
    Aus v RSA later today.

Some drama queens over here, out of about a hundred expat colleagues, I don't even know one that didn't get away this summer and plenty of locals I know also went away. A one week quarantine is an expensive annoyance and like most people, I look forward to see it go but let's not make it into more than it is. No doubt that HK is behind the ball but it's not hell on earth, local restrictions are minimal and if it is for you then you either need an attitude adjustment or a permanent ticket out. If you are miserable then it's on you not on anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    Some drama queens over here, out of about a hundred expat colleagues, I don't even know one that didn't get away this summer and plenty of locals I know also went away. A one week quarantine is an expensive annoyance and like most people, I look forward to see it go but let's not make it into more than it is. No doubt that HK is behind the ball but it's not hell on earth, local restrictions are minimal and if it is for you then you either need an attitude adjustment or a permanent ticket out. If you are miserable then it's on you not on anyone else.
    You strike me as someone on the same intelligence level as the cretins that got us in this mess and continue to keep us there.

“airport numbers are recovering!!” - keep someone for 2.5 years under a tight thumb and eventually they just HAVE to go, not about choice and “accepting” the quarantine as you suggest.

Also clearly you’re not one of the ones that has travelled if you think life is normal in HK and restrictions are minimal. It’s the illusion that is sold to those of you gullible enough to believe it though. Just like they still like to pretend it’s safer here than anywhere else.
    pin, Sage, saltywetman and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Humans are meant to die

Go suck a rock
    Your loved ones are meant to die.

With your attitude I doubt anyone wants to have anything to do with you though.

A number of people I know are facing more than an annoyance getting back into HK. There’s flights cancelled, difficulties re-booking quarantine hotels, some testing Covid positive so held back from travelling for two weeks, still the risk of testing positive on arrival in HK and getting whisked off to a government facility etc.

The rest of the world has moved on and it would take something truly disastrous to reinstate any measures- even only mask wearing- in the majority of nations. HK is a long way from from minimal restrictions! You lack perspective if you think it’s okay in HK. I’m pretty miserable about going back to all the nonsense after a good dose of normality.
    Crankshaft, shri, Gatts and 3 others like this.

How does calling them out on their ridiculous policies make us drama queens? You mentioned all your colleagues being able to travel, but you conveniently left out all the stressful and unnecessary aspects that accompany it in many cases, as mentioned in salty’s post. Not sure why you feel the need to keep polishing this HK covid turd.

I doubt the 94k people on the FB quarantine group think it’s just an expensive annoyance. Or try tell the 2.5k CX pilots and their families how minimal the restrictions are and see how well that goes down. Some of them have done over 200 days in quarantine and have to wait in midfield for their pcr test after every single flight.
    saltywetman, shri, Gatts and 5 others like this.

Some drama queens over here, out of about a hundred expat colleagues, I don't even know one that didn't get away this summer
    Calling bullshit here.

Not sure what it is with this account- a genuinely new, tone-deaf shit-poster (check the post history, it's all crap like this) or a banned returnee under a new name.
    saltywetman, shri and natino like this.

I've been in France and the UK for 3 weeks. got covid in my first week. been LOVING it since then. am dreading the return to HK.

hopefully i wont go nuts in QT.

Quote Originally Posted by Anahan:
    I see this is a bullish indicator that HK is on track to reopen in November.

They're saying that the Sevens is going ahead in some form no matter what. They're planning for a 'closed loop', but of course they have to plan for the worst-case given that covid policies haven't changed yet.

I'm betting on a full 0+7 style reopening by November, and I see this as a signal that HK remains on track to do that. If the news today was that the Sevens was cancelled, I'd feel less confident about my bet.

You can't conclude from this news alone that HK will definitely reopen in November, but viewed together with other official statements and preparations (e.g. yellow code for LHS), it looks to me like that's still the plan. CX is ramping up flights starting in October, other events are planned in November including the much-vaunted banker's summit and other sports events, etc.

Remember that even special auntie said that she'd be a bit worried if HK was still closed by the end of the year.

Hopefully this is not all wishful thinking
    Except that they didn't say that did they? I think you're probably right. However they DIDN'T say this, and thus this announcement is a massive PR disaster and is hugely damaging to confidence in Hong Kong. The reaction to this announcement has been:

"WTF? Restrictions will still be in place in November? And if they're still in place in November will they be in place in January, and this time next year? etc? If the border will open by say March, why not cancel the November 7s and hold them with no restrictions in March?".

I think what they SHOULD have said was:

"Good news, 7s will be going ahead, whatever is happening with HK Covid restrictions at that time. Of course we hope and plan that things may be nearly back to normal - perhaps with testing and vaccination requirements. If they're not, then we have a backup plan that will involve a closed loop arrangement. Due to the cost of running the tournament we have to have a backup plan, but hope we don't need to use it".

But they didn't say this, and so it's a huge own goal.
    natino, Anahan and traineeinvestor like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast