Like Tree159Likes

HK 7s - Confirmed for Nov 4-6 (2022)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I don't think teams have an option as they would lose points or whatever it is that is given out at the official tournaments? Besides... they might get sanctioned by the international board for boycotting an official tournament and upsetting 1.whatever billion souls across the Lo Wu bridge.
    Those 1.whatever million sheep don't even know what sevens is so highly doubt they care.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Those 1.whatever million sheep don't even know what sevens is so highly doubt they care.
    You'd be surprised what people care about when the collective size of their national hmmm...thingy, is questioned by foreigners.
    Trance Omega and Crankshaft like this.

Australian media reporting that you can drink but not eat in the stands. Sounds like no problem then, right?

https://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...a40b8fb76cd5b2

Baklava likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by natino:
    Our culture and sports leader seems to feel the need to clarify that it’s not the rugby players looking to party. Where does HK find these clueless idiots?

But he said that is not the case, as sports players observe a strict lifestyle and diet and usually do not drink during competitions.”

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...-says-lawmaker
    I'm sure the HK Tourism Board is working on it's pitch now: "Come to HK and enjoy the last quarantine experience in the world. Oh, and as a bonus you might get to wear a mask and watch some rugby ... if you don't test positive on any of the 247 post-arrival tests you'll have to undergo."
    natino, Mr.Haggis, Sith and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    I'm sure the HK Tourism Board is working on it's pitch now: "Come to HK and enjoy the last quarantine experience in the world. Oh, and as a bonus you might get to wear a mask and watch some rugby ... if you don't test positive on any of the 247 post-arrival tests you'll have to undergo."
    Pretty sure a patriotic company can donate meta verse headsets for Pennys Bay for holders of tickets.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Looking forward to seeing this slogan posted on the trams in Lisbon soon.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Don't mean to be a spoilsport,and I certainly do hope the sevens go ahead,

But it could just be another setup to make everyone think we're on track to open up,so that we'll enthusiastically support whatever new measures are put in place

Whenever there's a "wave of COVID" they always like to shock people with big news stories,and cancelling the sevens would certainly be a big enough story to amplify any panic over a "sixth wave"

I'm just being pessimistic because I've gotten so fed up of waiting for things to return to normal

I still remember the "Singapore travel bubble" in 2020,and this seems like it could be another disappointment

Although I certainly hope I'm wrong

natino and traineeinvestor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Man:

But it could just be another setup to make everyone think we're on track to open up,so that we'll enthusiastically support whatever new measures are put in place

Whenever there's a "wave of COVID" they always like to shock people with big news stories,and cancelling the sevens would certainly be a big enough story to amplify any panic over a "sixth wave"

I'm just being pessimistic because I've gotten so fed up of waiting for things to return to normal

I still remember the "Singapore travel bubble" in 2020,and this seems like it could be another disappointment

100% agree this is very likely. I too remember the sad popped balloons of hope;

Name:  701B2F22-6018-42E1-B36B-3A086D387E97.png
Views: 252
Size:  951.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by natino:
    100% agree this is very likely. I too remember the sad popped balloons of hope;

Name:  701B2F22-6018-42E1-B36B-3A086D387E97.png
Views: 252
Size:  951.4 KB
    And as if that wasn't bad enough,after ruining the summer,they used this "wave of COVID" as an excuse to bring in compulsory testing

Compulsory testing was a big factor in my decision to leave Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Man:

You're one of the minority then, most people realise it will be shit - The 'atmosphere' that was long the 7's drawcard will be one of repression.

And when they fail to sell many tickets, and they bus in local fuckwits from Yuen long and hand them red flags to wave, the embarrassment will be complete.

It'll be a sad testimony on international credibility if the RFU back this bollocks.
    aw451 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast