Like Tree233Likes

August 2022 - HK Covid News & Issues

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    the man who gets things done...and we thought Carry was inept
    Indeed

"When I take office I will discuss with my team the priorities of each policy agenda," Lee said, stressing the importance of getting things done."

My take on the infected statistics is that its clear people catch Covid at the airport and plane. Most likely the plane, so the incubation period is a few days before it shows up in PCR.

Day 1 is the same day as you step off the plane, so its basically just when you caught the virus
    Day 2 is your actually first whole day and if you caught Covid the virus would just be taking hold in the body, with very little time so far to replicate
    Day 3 is when the first PCR test currently is done and if you caught Covid in the airport that might show at this point. If you caught it on the plane its less likely
    Day 4: You would probably feel some symptoms if you are not one of the asymptomatic
    Day 5: Second PCR test and this is where most people get caught, so basically 4 full days after being exposed to the virus.

So how HK government is going to implement anything else than 5+2 I don't really know, since you would not catch people who are infected before they are let out otherwise. Imho 5+2 is the absolute shortest you can implement if you really want to catch cases before they can travel from hotel to home etc. Anything shorter than that and you can just scrap the whole quarantine thingy, which of course would make most sense..
    Cheeky Kiwi, shri and saltywetman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Indeed

Day 1 is the same day as you step off the plane, so its basically just when you caught the virus
    Day 2 is your actually first whole day and if you caught Covid the virus would just be taking hold in the body, with very little time so far to replicate
    Day 3 is when the first PCR test currently is done and if you caught Covid in the airport that might show at this point. If you caught it on the plane its less likely
    Day 4: You would probably feel some symptoms if you are not one of the asymptomatic
    Day 5: Second PCR test and this is where most people get caught, so basically 4 full days after being exposed to the virus.

hmmm, I dunno man.. think I need more time to look at all the data
    Irishmum, RobRoy, cookie09 and 3 others like this.

Too much logic, does not compute

Congrats guys, the data must show only scrapping quarantine makes sense. Results-oriented!

There is a forever in quarantine.

Maybe their data proved to them that quarantine is in fact useless and then their CaNnOt heads exploded.

Gatts, AsianXpat0 and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Maybe their data proved to them that quarantine is in fact useless and then their CaNnOt heads exploded.
    The only data they were studying was Xi‘s train station bunker speech.
    Crankshaft and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Technical issues...I guess the projector in the meeting room broke?
    Fax machine out of paper?

Where is the staunch support....?
    Crankshaft likes this.

Why are hotel operators involved in any quarantine decision making? Unless it's to object to ending quarantine as it would hit the money they're making off it?

Follow the science. Or the powerful lobby groups.

Crankshaft likes this.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast