Like Tree329Likes

August 2022 - HK Covid News & Issues

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Am I the only one wondering what an increase in cases locally has to do with reducing quarantine? Surely unless there is a new deadlier or more transmissible variant, or an exponential increase in imported cases one has nothing to do with the other. As I recall all of the government’s hand chosen “experts” reckoned that the incubation period is roughly three days. Where are these new statistics coming from?

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beenz:
    Am I the only one wondering what an increase in cases locally has to do with reducing quarantine? Surely unless there is a new deadlier or more transmissible variant, or an exponential increase in imported cases one has nothing to do with the other. As I recall all of the government’s hand chosen “experts” reckoned that the incubation period is roughly three days. Where are these new statistics coming from?
    Probably their arse.
    drumbrake, Sage and AbroadHK like this.

Joys of getting a PCR test in Portugal. Do the test 8:30 am Friday morning and get results by email about 6pm. Negative.

But, there is no time stamp on the test results, only a date. Try calling and emailing test centre, but no answer (finished for day) and early morning flight next day with connection to Hong Kong.

What to do? I don't see any choice but to edit the pdf to insert the time (which I can actually see after scanning the QR code on cert). Edits done (font, size and alignment done as best as I can) and docs uploaded to airline for pre-flight check. Approved in minutes.

Fingers crossed can get on flight to HK.

Last edited by shri; 07-08-2022 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Non issue at this point

From what I heard, documents such as the PCR test are not checked on arrival in HK.

Cheeky Kiwi and qhank like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Joys of getting a PCR test in Portugal. Do the test 8:30 am Friday morning and get results by email about 6pm. Negative.

But, there is no time stamp on the test results, only a date. Try calling and emailing test centre, but no answer (finished for day) and early morning flight next day with connection to Hong Kong.

What to do? I don't see any choice but to edit the pdf to insert the time (which I can actually see after scanning the QR code on cert). Edits done (font, size and alignment done as best as I can) and docs uploaded to airline for pre-flight check. Approved in minutes.

Fingers crossed can get on flight to HK.
    Looks like you had an unlucky pick. When I booked a PCR test in Portugal for my wife and daughter (for the flight that ultimately didn’t happen) I told them it was for HK entry. When we arrived for the test on a Sunday at 11:30 AM I confirmed with them that it would be both date and time stamped which she confirmed.

We received the test results back around 8 PM that evening and the person who took the test called us right after to confirm everything was ok for HK entry. (which it was).

Did you ask for it to be timestamped? Many Portuguese take regular PCR tests as it is covered by healthcare and Hong Kong is now one of the very few places that has these crazy 48 hour requirements
    Last edited by shri; 07-08-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    drumbrake likes this.

From what I heard, documents such as the PCR test are not checked on arrival in HK.
    If you do Fit to Fly with Cathay I can confirm they are not checked. The madness of having to walk 2-1/2 miles from plane to hotel transport still exists with countless people pointing you onto next stage continues.

I've had more pain from my gammy leg today than at any time to date. 3 hours kip this afternoon sorted that

Comes with a sea view.

Fucking Muppets.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage

Joys of getting a PCR test in Portugal.
    I did hear about someone who tried to get a PCR test before flying back from rural Canada and they were told rapid PCR tests are no longer available in that part of the province for the public as why would anyone want a rapid test nowadays, wait 3 days and you'll be feeling better.

Can confirm that the PCR test result is not checked upon arrival in Hong Kong.

Agree that the Fit to Fly service from Cathay is great, and removes a lot of stress. Unfortunately I was in a code share flight - so not possible to use it (I believe).

Arrival in HK is slow with a 30 minute wait (at least) for taxis if you choose to go that way. The other long queue is for the quarantine order - I think that was 2 hours in the approximately 3 hours from arrival to getting on bus.

Can confirm that the PCR test result is not checked upon arrival in Hong Kong.

Agree that the Fit to Fly service from Cathay is great, and removes a lot of stress. Unfortunately I was in a code share flight - so not possible to use it (I believe).

Arrival in HK is slow with a 30 minute wait (at least) for taxis if you choose to go that way. The other long queue is for the quarantine order - I think that was 2 hours in the approximately 3 hours from arrival to getting on bus.
    It's all about luck I think. Took us about one hour max from landing to shuttle bus queue. Most of that time walking up and down the terminal to visit the various stages. No long queues. Taxi queue wasn't moving (it was midnight) and shuttle bus left within 10 mins. One stop in Tuen Man and then we were at hotel.

We were lucky that our flight was delayed five hrs (rumour that Turkish are doing the intentionally ) so we missed the late afternoon rush but still got our day one finished on arrival.
    Last edited by FrancisX; 07-08-2022 at 12:31 PM.
    drumbrake likes this.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast