Like Tree448Likes

August 2022 - HK Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    They are a bunch of overwhelmed headless chickens. Did my pcr in the hotel on day 6. Got sms on day 7 saying result is "undetermined" and will get send for further testing. Checked out of hotel on day 8 and got the positive test result and isolation order. Tried calling different numbers 10 times with no success and they never contacted me again either.
    Happened exactly same with my wife when we returned in early June. Her Day 9 PCR test result was indeterminate. 1 guy from DoH called next day morning and suggested retest. We did it by afternoon but by then had CHP classified her as positive case. Once that classification was done, we got barrage of calls asking questions to do sort of contact tracing. In evening, DoH called and claimed they have got result of test done in afternoon and forced to declare on their portal. Since generally they call in case of positive results, we made declaration only to get SMS next morning saying test is negative. We immediately called CHP and explained our case - which took good 45-50 mins - they said they will investigate. But soon after quarantine orders were issued. Luckily we could get away with home quarantine. About 1.5 months later their investigation said, you were positive on day 9 test.

It literally felt like banging our heads against wall despite all the explanation. It's really hopeless mess
    shri likes this.

fcuking ridiculous. Did covid get the memo that they cant travel with bankers?

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    I can see this backfiring spectacularly.

So bankers are immune from covid?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I can see this backfiring spectacularly.

So bankers are immune from covid?
    It hardly backfired with Kidman did it? Officials party anyone? There will be a few comments in the SCMP, A few benign questions at the press conference then we will all get on with the ridiculousness.
    Sith, Flapster and Crankshaft like this.

If they’re weighing exemptions for bankers for a November summit, that doesn’t look like us regular Hong Kong residents will be seeing QT-free travel this year
    hate to be a Debbie downer but honestly don't think we'll see quarantine free travel until 1) the border reopens which is dependent on 2) the mainland getting a Chinese developed mRNA vaccine which is still 1-2 years away
    Crankshaft likes this.

And nothing yet in SCMP I suspect for fear of comments going into meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    And nothing yet in SCMP I suspect for fear of comments going into meltdown
    There will be a lot of idiots, like 'the Kidman idiots' who will rail at bankers and stay silent on all the government exemptions occurring, thus further cementing their position as not only sheep, but also turkeys voting for Christmas.

Conference is definitely going ahead. Meanwhile they aren't yet fully sure they are scrapping hotel quarantine after this cycle. So this is a fallback.

I still think they will get to no more hotel quarantine for vaxed residents from Nov... but probably to a home arrangement, and many of these bank chiefs aren't residents, and might not even be vaxed. You can hardly declare Hong Kong open and stay totally closed at the same time so there will have to be some progress. There are also plenty bank execs uneasy with the optics of coming in on exemptions, so the gap will need to be narrowed.

Sage, Anahan, Beanieskis and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast