Like Tree448Likes

August 2022 - HK Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Covid is not issue nowadays

how many days you bet still the quarantine in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    we will have to agree to disagree. No doubting any measure needs approval from up north but there are ways of doing it that work and then there was Carrie’s way.

In better news I have tested negative on two consecutive daily home RATs so the way I’m interpreting the current rules are:

1I need a medical negative RAT this Thursday afternoon for a Friday lunchtime return flight.

2 if I test negative on the arrival RAT this coming Saturday then I’m good to go to QT hotel.

3 if I test positive on the arrival PCR then it’s all about the CT score which will determine whether I stay in QT or get transferred to a CIF. Even then some people have successfully argued with DoH that the transfer makes no sense so I’m guessing it’s at the whim of whichever medical officer is on duty.
    My gf tested pos on arrival PCR and was only moved on day 5 to Ibis hotel. They are a bunch of headless chickens at the moment.

Btw, anyone else thinks it's about time @Barbaravonbreit sticks to her end of the deal and pays up for the charity as promised?

Quarantine was suppose to be gone on 1 July, then the date got conveniently changed to today (and coincidently I can't find that post of her anymore...).

Remember the receipt.

Gatts, Cheeky Kiwi, natino and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    If it was CL things would have moved in exact the same way. Nothing to do with any change in administration as the real persons in charge are identical.
    Yes, they just did a necessary rebranding and changed the catchphrases.
    From "dynamic zero" and "for prudence's sake" to "science based approach" and "we'll look at the data".

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    My gf tested pos on arrival PCR and was only moved on day 5 to Ibis hotel. They are a bunch of headless chickens at the moment.
    But was that after she recovered (and had a recovery certificate)? Because I think that would be the case of @ByeByeEngland

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    But was that after she recovered (and had a recovery certificate)? Because I think that would be the case of @ByeByeEngland
    correct I am coming back via the recovery route. The chances are I would still fail a pre flight PCR so this is a better option
    Sith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    correct I am coming back via the recovery route. The chances are I would still fail a pre flight PCR so this is a better option
    Do you know if there is then still a chance they will send you to PB? I thought if you have a recovery certificate it doesn't matter that you still test positive on arrival but you mentioned something about the values...

Do you know if there is then still a chance they will send you to PB? I thought if you have a recovery certificate it doesn't matter that you still test positive on arrival but you mentioned something about the values...
    It could be any of the CIFs including PN and is based on CT values on a positive PCR. I will fight for common sense if this happens - at least let me get to the three day PCR and compare values

Couldn't get a certificate as it wasn't more than 14 days. Just took a chance with the departure PCR and it worked.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast