Like Tree233Likes

August 2022 - HK Covid News & Issues

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

MABinPengChau likes this.

First up ... the govt "experts" are still "studying the data" before they can make "concrete decisions" ... Just adding air quotes for emphasis. No sarcasm is intended.

Don't even know what to make of the whole ... “you won’t betray my interest, this is very important” line .. its too weird when ... experts studying various data are involved.

Chief Executive John Lee said the government has decided to shorten the seven-day hotel quarantine requirement for inbound travellers, but the Health Bureau and the Hospital Authority have to look at various data before any concrete decisions are made.

Lee made the remark in an interview published in the Hong Kong Economic Journal on Monday, adding that easing travel restrictions to the mainland and the rest of the world are not mutually exclusive goals and both should be “pursued in full force”.

On the resumption of quarantine-free travel with the mainland, he said the SAR government cannot focus on its own interests alone. He said Hong Kong has to convince mainland authorities that “you won’t betray my interest, this is very important”.
    And no matter what you think, the CE wants you to know.. we are heading somewhere or the other, but with clear direction.

“If my messages are not clear, it would not help the anti-epidemic effort. So, I hope whatever we do, we must let the public know we are heading in a clear direction.”
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20220801.htm
    natino and Mrs. Jones like this.

“If you’re not lying flat, you’re at least moving-cum-talking about moving.”

mrgoodkat likes this.

Let’s be a little bit fair. Is this what we want? No. Is it in the right direction? Yes. Do we want the previous administration? No.

So far no flip flops or U turns. The next inevitable wave will be the true judge of where we are going on the Covid journey.

Mrs. Jones and Anahan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Let’s be a little bit fair. Is this what we want? No. Is it in the right direction? Yes. Do we want the previous administration? No.
    If it was CL things would have moved in exact the same way. Nothing to do with any change in administration as the real persons in charge are identical.

so no plan to scrap the quarantine?

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    so no plan to scrap the quarantine?
    Nope:
    https://twitter.com/primroseriordan/...14372733001728
    shri and natino like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    If it was CL things would have moved in exact the same way. Nothing to do with any change in administration as the real persons in charge are identical.
    we will have to agree to disagree. No doubting any measure needs approval from up north but there are ways of doing it that work and then there was Carrie’s way.

In better news I have tested negative on two consecutive daily home RATs so the way I’m interpreting the current rules are:

1I need a medical negative RAT this Thursday afternoon for a Friday lunchtime return flight.

2 if I test negative on the arrival RAT this coming Saturday then I’m good to go to QT hotel.

3 if I test positive on the arrival PCR then it’s all about the CT score which will determine whether I stay in QT or get transferred to a CIF. Even then some people have successfully argued with DoH that the transfer makes no sense so I’m guessing it’s at the whim of whichever medical officer is on duty.
    shri and qhank like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    The harder they push for zero covid, the more I love it whenever cases pop up and they lockdown cities. Good riddance.

I can’t help but think of this.

https://youtu.be/LQiOA7euaYA?t=7

It would be funny if this was the HK 7s song.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast