Like Tree166Likes

Quarantine: 3 Hotel + 4 Home

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15

So I've jumped the gun and booked a flight for end of October / early November. Hoping that the restaurant ban will be a thing of the past either by law or in practice (the HK I remember, pre-NSL, couldn't be bothered about enforcing laws anyways...)

One thing I noticed - can't find my HKID anywhere. Probably lost it when movign here in SG. Anyone tried to get it replaced while abroad?

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Your passport and hk ID should be linked

Mrs. Jones likes this.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...box=1662718788

Jeez inviting hotel to join as quarantine hotel will begin on November?! OMG.

My heart really doesn’t bleed for the hotels that have bled incomers dry with their ever rising rates, payment up front and in some cases non refunds even for circumstances out of peoples control (extreme cases but still plenty of examples).

The fact that hotels are being asked to submit for the next wave I can’t determine is because they will continue hotel QT or whether it is a sly move to get so many to pull out that is becomes untenable providing an excuse for home QT only or scrapping completely.

One or the CAPs was extended for a further six months yesterday, together with fines for illegal barbecues ( I suspect the cost of all the combined forces and official that did this outweighed the fines issued). Mask wearing continues to be mandatory except for Sage. I have to say walking at 530 this morning I still have locals walking dogs around the village wearing masks. It doesn’t matter how many expats adopt a more pragmatic approach there are far too many local lemmings. Pissing in the wind is an understatement.

Mrs. Jones and muzzdang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    My heart really doesn’t bleed for the hotels that have bled incomers dry with their ever rising rates, payment up front and in some cases non refunds even for circumstances out of peoples control (extreme cases but still plenty of examples).

The fact that hotels are being asked to submit for the next wave I can’t determine is because they will continue hotel QT or whether it is a sly move to get so many to pull out that is becomes untenable providing an excuse for home QT only or scrapping completely.

One or the CAPs was extended for a further six months yesterday, together with fines for illegal barbecues ( I suspect the cost of all the combined forces and official that did this outweighed the fines issued). Mask wearing continues to be mandatory except for Sage. I have to say walking at 530 this morning I still have locals walking dogs around the village wearing masks. It doesn’t matter how many expats adopt a more pragmatic approach there are far too many local lemmings. Pissing in the wind is an understatement.
    It's interesting and deeply frustrating to see the pointless charade get endlessly dragged out.

But regarding mask wearing, they are a symptom of fear and compliance, but as long wearing them is weakly enforced, it doesn't really matter what locals do.

They can be lemmings, you can be free. You don't have to be a lemming too.
    Sebastien-F likes this.

Aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Your passport and hk ID should be linked
    They are - I don't doubt I can get in as a resident, in fact, I both let and returned to HK without it pre-covid. But I think it would be a lot easier, paperwork-wise, if I could get a replacement set up while abroad.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15