Like Tree166Likes

Quarantine: 3 Hotel + 4 Home

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Some good comments on SCMP especially like the one from Bartholomew

drumbrake and saltywetman like this.

So teachers can't go back to work until the 7 days have passed, not even with a daily RAT?

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Also what about bookings already made for Sept and Oct...I'm currently booked for a QH on Oct. Will I be able to reduce from a week to 3 days?
    Yes la
    timonoj and Alzthehero like this.

Also what about bookings already made for Sept and Oct...I'm currently booked for a QH on Oct. Will I be able to reduce from a week to 3 days?
    Obviously. If you have prepaid already they hotel should arrange a refund of 4 nights.
    Cheeky Kiwi and shri like this.

The question about checking out - why do we need to be careful about checking out (I suppose meaning it needs to be staggered) if those who check out can use crowded public transport where there is no social distancing!

I don't think this question was answered besides 'risk assessment' blah blah blah.

Secretary for Health, Professor Lo Chung-mau:

"Another 4 days in the hotel will achieve little. After 3 days, the risk of confirmation is less than 1%."

"Arrivals have a risk that is lower than someone in the community!"

So, why do I need to stay until Day 6 or 7 (12-13 August) given what he just said!

Sith likes this.

Seven days of hotel quarantine ‘not cost-effective’

Health minister Lo Chung-mau said according to data collected from July 8 to 14, about 50 per cent of imported cases were uncovered through PCR tests at the airport. The percentage increased to 80 per cent if taking into account PCR tests conducted after two days for guests in hotel quarantine.

For every 1,000 arrivals, only 4 per cent, or 40 travellers, were found to be infected.

Among those 40 cases, 20 were detected at the airport, 12 more were uncovered at quarantine hotels after two days, while only eight cases out of the 1,000 arrivals, or 1 percent, were detected on the third day or after.

Lo said the figures showed most of the cases could be intercepted in the first three days of hotel quarantine, proving that the current week-long system was not cost-effective and “would affect the city’s connection with the international world”.
    So seems unlikely to go back to home QT (or be scrapped) and this is here to stay for a while, 4%, 4!

Yes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    So teachers can't go back to work until the 7 days have passed, not even with a daily RAT?
    They can.
    Ern likes this.

Day 0 change (first day is Day 0 now).

Medical reasons - that is the reason for the change.

"Most travellers will spend 72 hours in hotel quarantine."

I am still a little confused about this. In Taiwan they have a Day 0, so meant I was doing 8 days quarantine rather than 7 in Hong Kong. Not sure if this will be the case with the new 3+4 in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    I am still a little confused about this. In Taiwan they have a Day 0, so meant I was doing 8 days quarantine rather than 7 in Hong Kong. Not sure if this will be the case with the new 3+4 in HK.
    They are changing the check out to 9AM (earliest) and not mid night .. so not too sure how it compares, but ... I'll take whatever reduction is given for now and let it sort itself out.

Pity that you're caught in between.
    drumbrake and aublumberg like this.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast