Like Tree166Likes

Quarantine: 3 Hotel + 4 Home

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

@drumbrake - a little bit more that I added to post 2 of the thread.

From my understanding. Say you arrive on Monday (this is day 0) do you PCR and go to the hotel, Tuesday is Day 1 and on Wednesday you do your Day 2 PCR for which you get an +ve / -ve SMS. If you're -ve, you can check out as early as Thursday 9AM or whatever time the hotel gives you before 12 noon.
    This is assuming you have a -ve RAT on Thursday AM, which again I assume will be checked or you'll self report.
    drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Day 0 change (first day is Day 0 now).

Medical reasons - that is the reason for the change.

"Most travellers will spend 72 hours in hotel quarantine."

I am still a little confused about this. In Taiwan they have a Day 0, so meant I was doing 8 days quarantine rather than 7 in Hong Kong. Not sure if this will be the case with the new 3+4 in HK.
    the way I understand it, check out will be moved. Previously, your day of arrival was day 1. You were allowed to leave at day 7, 2359.
    now, arrival is day 0. You are allowed to leave in the morning of day 3. Some one on Twitter said they will release prisoners starting from 9am.

so, while previously if you were lucky with your flight schedule, you basically had 6 day quarantine. Now, the best you can get is 2 days and 9 hours. For most people, it will be 72 hrs +/- a few hours.
    shri and drumbrake like this.

Why are they changing arrival day from day 1 to day 0?

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Why are they changing arrival day from day 1 to day 0?
    Because Christmas was in April ...

I have hope.

https://hongkongfp.com/2022/08/08/br...als-to-3-days/

Hotel bookings
    According to Deputy Secretary for Health (Special Duties) Tony Wong, those who have already booked their seven-day hotel quarantine stays do not need to change their reservation.“They can use their existing documents to check in… and under this new arrangement, after completing all the required tests, they can leave early,” he said.

Wong added that hotels are required to refund fee for the outstanding nights to travellers, but asked for their patience as hotels would need some time to process the large volume of refunds upon the announcement of the amended hotel quarantine requirement.

Arrivals currently undergoing quarantine also will not have to complete their seven-day stay. “As for those already staying in the hotels… we will arrange for them to finish all the relevant tests. Upon receiving negative results, they can leave early in batches in an orderly manner,” Wong said.
    Cheeky Kiwi and emx like this.

What if I work in the hotel restaurant so it means I cannot go back to work?

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    What if I work in the hotel restaurant so it means I cannot go back to work?
    1) Would depend on your employer and premises
    2) Mask on work is allowed ...
    3) See 1

Original Post Deleted
    There were some specific comments about elderly homes being more vulnerable and schools were ok. But there was an earlier contradiction where I think I heard the CE mention "cannot enter schools" and then later "schools are ok...".

Let's wait for the actual press release as many people (including myself) hear what they want to hear... and think what they thought.
    hike and Ern like this.

Name:  breakingbad-science.gif
Views: 647
Size:  341.9 KB
    shri and nickvv like this.

Original Post Deleted
    John told me on whatsapp .. "keep the fuckers in suspense!"

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast