Like Tree166Likes

Quarantine: 3 Hotel + 4 Home

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Giggsy:
    What activities are banned then during those 4 days home quarantine?

I suppose sports facilities are one of them?
    What I'm interested to know, is how the red/yellow crap is triggered?

As many of you know, I use a burner for LHS (which I almost never need to use - it's not enforced), when I do use it, that old version of LHS just displays a tick on the screen - It's not connected to anything, so can't know if I'm yellow, red or golden.

And the vaccine scanner will give me the green light "bing, bong" because I'm vaxxed.

So will my status as red / yellow / peoples champion now be assigned to my vaccine record and thus I'll get pinged when going in sports centres on the vax QR? (unless I use an image of someone elses QR. ;-)

@Sage

Yellow trigger - on arrival at HKIA, I assume part of the protocol will be to verify your vaccine pass works / triggers a yellow.
    Red trigger - confirmed PCR / RAT test

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlang11:
    Thank you for the clarification, Walter- that would be very, very good news indeed, especially as I have only 4 Annual Leave days left...
    John, push your employer harder.
    Last edited by shri; 08-08-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    Beanieskis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Any place that requires you to scan LHS - and have someone checking that you are scanning
    That wasn’t what I heard (though maybe they’re nearly the same thing). I took it as anywhere that legally requires scanning of the vaccine pass. They read a list - eg restaurants bars etc. I don’t think they mentioned shopping centres interestingly. And if somewhere just chooses to make you scan LHS, it’s not included. So the example of the office given above would not be included.
    shri likes this.

Yes, anywhere that legally requires scanning

But really, if a place chooses to make you scan LHS and has a DLLM man/woman enforcing it, do you really think you'll be able to argue your way in?

But really, if a place chooses to make you scan LHS and has a DLLM man/woman enforcing it, do you really think you'll be able to argue your way in?
    I doubt an employer would be able to force you to take unpaid leave for example, which some were doing if someone is in hotel quarantine. So what if they choose to make you wfh, they probably would have thin grounds to dock pay.

Arguing your way in is the easy bit, dealing with the cops when they eventually arrive takes a lot more balls, but is doable.

But mostly they take a long time (15 mins plus) to arrive, so..... pick your moments

No idea about labour laws but HK employers get away with a lot of things

No idea about labour laws but HK employers get away with a lot of things
    Cap 599 was recently amended to include employment exemptions.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/thread364184.html
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast