Like Tree23Likes

Govt PR: Yellow / Red Vaccine Code Clarifications

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I haven't inputted my vaccine details into LHS (I believe it was not a requirement), and have always just used the QR code on the eHealth app. With all this talk about yellow and red codes, I'm wondering if this is still allowed, but I can't seem to find any information anywhere.

Since I haven't inputted the vaccine details into LHS, it always shows a red QR code when scanning.

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeshiT:
    With all this talk about yellow and red codes, I'm wondering if this is still allowed, but I can't seem to find any information anywhere.

Since I haven't inputted the vaccine details into LHS, it always shows a red QR code when scanning.
    You need to import the vaccination record QR code from eHealth / iAM Smart into LHS using the save QR code function in eHealth / IAMS) or scan your vaccine certificate QR code.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You need to import the vaccination record QR code from eHealth / iAM Smart into LHS using the save QR code function in eHealth / IAMS) or scan your vaccine certificate QR code.
    This doesn’t solve the issue of not *wanting* to put it in LHS. I too prefer to keep it separate.

Presumably as the companion app (on restaurant side) has now been confirmed to use an internet connection to check live your qr status it should be ok. This is required as they still acknowledged that some people will use paper vaccine record so eHealth QR should be same same.

However, if no vaccine record being stored in LHS still causes it to remain red after this update then it could be hard to convince someone going forward that you’re “clean” without importing into LHS.
    Last edited by natino; 10-08-2022 at 12:56 PM.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    or scan your vaccine certificate QR code.
    I guess I meant I wasn't sure if this would still be allowed after the colour coded LHS update, since your vaccine certificate QR code won't change colour. So would businesses be required to refuse you if your LHS shows up with a "red code" (since you didn't input vaccine details in), even if you show them a valid QR vaccine certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by natino:
    This doesn’t solve the issue of not *wanting* to put it in LHS. I too prefer to keep it separate.

Presumably as the companion app (on restaurant side) has now been confirmed to use an internet connection to check live your qr status it should be ok. This is required as they still acknowledged that some people will use paper vaccine record so eHealth QR should be same same.

However, if no vaccine record being stored in LHS still causes it to remain red after this update then it could be hard to convince someone going forward that you’re “clean” without importing into LHS.
    Thanks for that information, I guess logically then it should be fine.

So would businesses be required to refuse you if your LHS shows up with a "red code" (since you didn't input vaccine details in), even if you show them a valid QR vaccine certificate.
    Yes .. you're making what might be a busy business break a standard protocol. In this the case it literally be "computer says no" because you did not give computer data? Keeping in mind that people who are making decisions at the venues are normally not authorised to break protocol...
    qhank likes this.

In reality however there's 3 situations

The letter of the law, the intent of the law, the reality of enforcement.

@TakeshiT & @natino

You seem to going about this the wrong way.

LHS 'can be' a completely stand alone system not linked to you, your vaccine record, the internet or your travel history.

'A freind' has an old iPhone 5s that runs an older version of LHS (they don't even know what vs. it is as it's all in Chinese). That phone is a burner, with no sim card and no personal details of the owner, it's naturally not connected to the internet and has obviously never had any vaccine details (or any details at all) - It's an utterly anonymous phone.

My friends main phone has no LHS on it, but does have the E-health app and a photo of the QR code from their vax certs (as well as a few photos of a few other random QR codes).

On entering 'participating venues' my friend allows the pic of the QR code to be scanned and gets' the green light and the bing bong sound - That's all most gatekeepers want.

"Bing bong" - on ya go.....

If my friend is ever asked to scan using his LHS app (rarely) he just smiles, say's "cannot la" and walks on whilst mimicking the 'bing bong' sound.

In most scenarios this's enough.

The fact is, my friend HAS the burner phone (most of the time) so could scan the LHS 100% annoymously but chooses not to - why?

Because he can
    And because that's one of the ways he learns how much he can get away with.

On the rare occasions some gatekeeper goes all super anal and insists on LHS, the burner is produced and the charade is complete, OR.....on other occasions my friend refuses that too and threats of the police are made (and ignored). On the even rarer occasions that the police are called there are another 2 options available:

1) Leave the building before they arrive - they're never quicker than 15 mins and generally take 30 mins+
    2) Go to another part of said building (for my friend it's LCSD sports centres) scan the LHS with the burner (out of sight of the gatekeeper) and get on with your activity.

If and when the cops eventually turn up (even that is not a given) show them both phones, and make the anal gatekeeper lose face. This strategy has been successfully applied more than once. The old version LHS on a disconnected phone is completely legal.

But why does my friend go to all this trouble?

Well, he says because when anal people have a bad experience trying to force petty laws on others, they lose their appetite for such actions in future. And to boot, these individuals are the worst type of jobsworths who are complicit in grinding HK down. Fuck em (he adds).

Slowly chipping away at anal peoples willingness to stick to these systems in front of their colleagues is an effective way to win in HK.

So back to QR codes and LHS - Yes there is still a question about how this will work post travel when you're in the Q.period.

Today one of the gatekeepers asked my friend to scan (with his LHS) in a scenario where normally he's not asked, they were fobbed off with a "cannot la" and a smile and a "bing bong"

But maybe they're going to get back to trying to enforce b.o.t.h scanning protocols and not just be satisfied with the vaccine cert..... We'll see.

Or maybe as Shri says, the vaccine QR code will be made to turn red for those 4 days; I suspect both, but my friend knows there are always weaknesses in the system...

Name:  01FD52D4-0459-4FEC-894A-9FF6485BFF95.jpeg
Views: 451
Size:  3.23 MB

Last edited by Sage; 10-08-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    Yangster likes this.

Have to wonder if the HKSAR Government is deliberately trying to suppress the official number of cases by actively discouraging people from reporting positive test results:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...ect-color-code

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Have to wonder if the HKSAR Government is deliberately trying to suppress the official number of cases by actively discouraging people from reporting positive test results:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...ect-color-code
    the hotline offers immediate help says the article. Biggest fkn joke I’ve heard all year. My experience with the hotline is unanswered calls, unreturned answerphone messages and then finally being passed around 3 different numbers without success.

I actually had the reverse of this. I was blue when I should have been amber. They still don’t have me registered as a recovered Covid. I’ve given up. Blue works for me. Not that I can go far with a gammy leg. Went to doctor to have stitches removed yesterday. Not removed. Doesn’t like the level of infection despite two weeks of high dose antiobiotics. Could be a long haul item - certainly don’t want it getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    the hotline offers immediate help says the article. Biggest fkn joke I’ve heard all year. My experience with the hotline is unanswered calls, unreturned answerphone messages and then finally being passed around 3 different numbers without success.

I actually had the reverse of this. I was blue when I should have been amber. They still don’t have me registered as a recovered Covid. I’ve given up. Blue works for me. Not that I can go far with a gammy leg. Went to doctor to have stitches removed yesterday. Not removed. Doesn’t like the level of infection despite two weeks of high dose antiobiotics. Could be a long haul item - certainly don’t want it getting worse
    That doesn't sound good. Hope the infection clears up soon.

Amber code cleared for "B2B" conventions ...

Starting from Thursday, inbound travellers who held an Amber Code under the Vaccine Pass will be allowed to participate in business-to-business (B2B) conventions and exhibitions subject to specified requirements.

The government announced on Tuesday that, the participation of members of the relevant trade in B2B thematic trade exhibitions and relevant activities is considered similar to performing duties at work, and is different from other mass group gatherings.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/193819/