Like Tree23Likes

Govt PR: Yellow / Red Vaccine Code Clarifications

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Govt PR: Yellow / Red Vaccine Code Clarifications

There seems to be some interest in where the vaccine code will be scanned and entry will be denied for yellow or red codes.

Regarding media enquiries on the arrangement for persons holding an Amber Code of the Vaccine Pass to enter premises, the Health Bureau gave the following response:

Persons who are holding an Amber Code of the Vaccine Pass in the capacity of a customer or a visitor (including an accompanying person or carer) are not allowed to enter:

• premises subject to "active checking" of the Vaccine Pass, i.e. catering premises (including bars/pubs), amusement game centres, bathhouses, fitness centres, places of amusement, places of public entertainment, party rooms, beauty parlours and massage establishments, club-houses, clubs/nightclubs, karaoke establishments, mahjong-tin kau premises, sports premises, swimming pools, cruise ships, event premises, barber shops or hair salons, and religious premises; and
    • residential care homes for the elderly, residential care homes for persons with disabilities, schools and designated healthcare premises.
    • Persons holding an Amber Code who are working or studying at those premises, or receiving services at designated healthcare premises, are not subject to the restriction under the Vaccine Pass. However, their entry will also depend on whether the employers or persons-in-charge of individual premises have set additional rules or requirements according to their needs

In other words, if the persons holding an Amber Code are staff, school staff or students, they can go to work or to school if there is no additional restriction imposed by the premises or the school. Those who need to seek medical consultation or treatment at designated healthcare premises are also not restricted. However, visitors, accompanying persons and carers cannot be a person holding an Amber Code. Those who hold an Amber Code should observe strictly the anti-epidemic measures in relevant premises, including wearing a mask.
    From: https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2080800526.htm
    Last edited by shri; 08-08-2022 at 05:05 PM.
    Cheeky Kiwi, johnlang11 and RobRoy like this.

is there any way to test the colour on LHS? I've just arrived and am in Qt....potentially a bit bored...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    is there any way to test the colour on LHS? I've just arrived and am in Qt....potentially a bit bored...
    Check your vaccine pass on the LHS... Not sure how retroactive it will be.

the officer at the airport gave me a provisional vaccine pass on a sheet of paper today but told me it was useless as I have 4jabs already and i can just use the app instead. lol

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Check your vaccine pass on the LHS... Not sure how retroactive it will be.

Another solution to a problem that never existed....

Edwardstorm and betrman like this.

the officer at the airport gave me a provisional vaccine pass on a sheet of paper today but told me it was useless as I have 4jabs already and i can just use the app instead. lol
    Check with your hotel. Many people reporting they are bei g released early. @drumbrake too.

update: updated my LHS app and my QR code is now amber.

re dqh…it’s really nice, and I’m kinda sore about having to go home and then out and about to the Community testing centres to get the pcr tests, rather than having them come to me. Also, room service. I recovered from Covid 3 weeks ago, so the pcr will likely be positive anyways…(I returned via recovery route and have a certificate of recovery).

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Check with your hotel. Many people reporting they are bei g released early. @drumbrake too.
    Cheeky Kiwi, Beanieskis and shri like this.

update: updated my LHS app and my QR code is now amber.

re dqh…it’s really nice, and I’m kinda sore about having to go home and then out and about to the Community testing centres to get the pcr tests, rather than having them come to me. Also, room service. I recovered from Covid 3 weeks ago, so the pcr will likely be positive anyways…(I returned via recovery route and have a certificate of recovery).
    Have I misunderstood something here? Even if you have a certificate of recovery, if PCR shows positive, you are still sent to Penny Bay right? Not allowed to stay in hotel and definitely not let out after 3 days?

Whats otherwise the point to test you if no action if you are PCR positive?

according to the FB group it depends on the 'ct value' of the pcr test. If it's above 30 (or 35) then one should be allowed to stay in the DQH.

who knows really...

I had a PCR test upon arrival at HKIA but havent receive any SMS messages so I guess i'm ok...?

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Have I misunderstood something here? Even if you have a certificate of recovery, if PCR shows positive, you are still sent to Penny Bay right? Not allowed to stay in hotel and definitely not let out after 3 days?

Whats otherwise the point to test you if no action if you are PCR positive?
    Beanieskis likes this.

Stupidly the arrival PCR you only get contacted if positive. Every other PCR you get the result by text the following day.

shri likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast