Like Tree11Likes

HK Gov finds 28 hectares of waterfront in Shatin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Attachment 87255

University Station is a minibus ride away. There seems to be room in the time based map to slot a station within walking distance of so many mid-density homes.
    That station is a disaster during peak times (and the shoulder times), the roads feeding into the roundabouts off the Tolo highway and from the Science Park are at near standstill and fucked if there is an accident. Minibuses are not going to help, more cars are not going to help. Another station might but I as I said, the trains are near capacity already.

Your idea of infrastructure capacity does not match mine- not least in terms of quality of life. The Tolo highway used to have views across to Ma On Shan and Tai Mei Tuk, it is gradually becoming a corridor with buildings on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by saltywetman:
    That station is a disaster during peak times (and the shoulder times), the roads feeding into the roundabouts off the Tolo highway and from the Science Park are at near standstill and fucked if there is an accident. Minibuses are not going to help, more cars are not going to help. Another station might but I as I said, the trains are near capacity already.

Your idea of infrastructure capacity does not match mine- not least in terms of quality of life. The Tolo highway used to have views across to Ma On Shan and Tai Mei Tuk, it is gradually becoming a corridor with buildings on either side.
    From a recent study

For major corridors between Tsuen Wan/Sha Tin and the northern NT, the counter-peak direction traffic (i.e. northbound direction to the northern NT) is only about 60% of that of the critical metro-bound traffic during the
    morning peak period4 . Taking Tolo Highway and Tuen Mun Road, the skeletons of the road network in the NT,
    for instance, while the critical metro-bound carriageways are operating with volume to capacity ratios
    5 in the range of 0.9-1.0, traffic at the counter-peak direction is observed to be utilising about 50-60% of their capacities

A volume to capacity (v/c) ratio is an indicator which reflects the traffic situation of a road during peak hours. A v/c ratio below 1.0 is considered acceptable. A v/c ratio above 1.0 indicates the onset of mild congestion and a v/c ratio between 1.0 and 1.2 indicates a manageable degree of congestion. A v/c ratio above 1.2 indicates the onset of more serious congestion.

From personal experience it's a bit busy 8:20-8:40AM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3