Like Tree197Likes

Sept 2022 - HK Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/former-ch...ext-few-weeks/
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

I'm optimistic I will win Mark 6 next Tues

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    "He also reminded foreign visitors to reserve enough time to complete the quarantine before enjoying the game at the stadium."
    Lol what a fkn delusional idiot if he thinks any foreign fan will come and put up with their pathetic bs.
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    Uhhh so I guess he is oblivious to the fact the gov already sent out invitations for hotels to take part in the next cycle?
    East_coast likes this.

Keep calling out the nonsense Dr Leung. Absolute brain melting insanity still pervasive across far too many people in this society, whether “experts” or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Uhhh so I guess he is oblivious to the fact the gov already sent out invitations for hotels to take part in the next cycle?
    Perhaps not enough signed up to make quarantine viable. What a mess the post Christmas influx will be.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Perhaps not enough signed up to make quarantine viable. What a mess the post Christmas influx will be.
    I saw many hotels pulled out to rather "focus on the local market", and I thought - really?? Are there THAT many people who wanna do staycations that aiming for the local market is actually more lucrative than quarantine?

I've never been one for hotel staycations. Feels like a waste of money and it's a bit sad if that's what you have to resort to for pleasure.
    Mrs. Jones and Baklava like this.

For G sake, can you stop spamming Dim Sum Daily links? It's been proven to be a rag that published totally fabricated stories.
    Last edited by Gatts; 10-09-2022 at 09:55 PM.
    jgl likes this.

Woohoo CX ramping up flight capacity is a good sign. Flights to Perth (where I am) are increasing from 2 per month to 2 per week starting next month. Time to start planning my trip.

https://www.zawya.com/en/business/av...ifted-t87p3q3d

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    I saw many hotels pulled out to rather "focus on the local market", and I thought - really?? Are there THAT many people who wanna do staycations that aiming for the local market is actually more lucrative than quarantine?
    Since reopening to non-residents in May, HK has been flooded with arrivals of non-resident Chinese nationals trying to return home from abroad. They often have to stay for up to a month due to the strict quota for entering Shenzhen and limited flight options to China.

With the recent Covid outbreak in Shenzhen the quota has been halved to just 1,000 places per day. That means the demand for non-quarantine hotel capacity will become even higher in HK. As such it probably makes commercial sense to switch over to serving non-quarantine guests at this point in time.
    Crankshaft, AsianXpat0 and shri like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast