Like Tree42Likes

Expat Pilot Commits Suicide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Different week, different internet response. But there were some pretty significant differences with that other story. Most salient in my mind being that the other couple planned it out, then went to someone elses' apartment to do it. Oh, and of course the school bus thing. I don't think this is an expat bias thing, the way you are trying to portray it.
    All fair points, I am not portraying anything but simply pointing out a different response caused by many possible reasons that will vary depending on individuals. If people pause and think about why their response might differ, I'm happy with that, no need for drama or silly arguments.
    jgl and rs4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    All fair points, I am not portraying anything but simply pointing out a different response caused by many possible reasons that will vary depending on individuals. If people pause and think about why their response might differ, I'm happy with that, no need for drama or silly arguments.
    I paused and thought about it. My response didn't differ. Both were sad and in both cases my thoughts are with the families. Why did your response differ?

Also a quick check on google maps shows that this building is on a small side street that ends in a dead end, not a busy road. Of course neither are ideal given the time of day but i am sure this road was deserted given the nature of it and the fact he was found after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I paused and thought about it. My response didn't differ. Both were sad and in both cases my thoughts are with the families. Why did your response differ?
    Depends on the response... I simply noticed the thread going in a very different direction than the one from Kennedy Town and there were responses with fair points. Move on...nothing else to see

Depends on the response... I simply noticed the thread going in a very different direction than the one from Kennedy Town and there were responses with fair points. Move on...nothing else to see
    That other thread was a total trainwreck. It was just horrible. So I am glad that this thread appears more sane.

I wonder if the previous thread was made on a Friday.
    DonDiego and hullexile like this.

Never mind that. When you hear female motorcycle v Lamborghini big crash near Shek O you jump to immediate conclusions and are then proved wrong

https://youtu.be/wTijDTZ8BOs

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Never mind that. When you hear female motorcycle v Lamborghini big crash near Shek O you jump to immediate conclusions and are then proved wrong

I wasnt proven wrong on this particular case. When I heard a FEMALE biker crashed her bike, I already assumed it was her own fault/skill.

Fair point but I doubt that was by design...
    You doubt the pilot considered his landing spot?  

I doubt you thought that comment through.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:

You jump to the wrong conclusions maybe. Most people know how dangerous motorbikes are.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I wasnt proven wrong on this particular case. When I heard a FEMALE biker crashed her bike, I already assumed it was her own fault/skill.
    same goes for people who commit suicide, local and expats

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast