Like Tree18Likes

Vaccine Exemptions - Doctor arrested

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Do we think they are coming for the exempted refusenik patients too? I know one of them...

For the record it was HKD500, not 5k. Still a nice earner but not as greedy as it could have been.
    I'd expect that this specific Dr's clients will be hit by fine.. but this one is tricky, as they'd have to go case by case to see if that person was examined by the Dr and given an exemption regardless of their medical condition. Easier to go for the dealer than the consumer - I'd think.

But ... who knows ...

From the local papers:

In addition, any person who knows or believes that a false instrument is false and takes custody or control of the instrument without lawful authority or excuse commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for up to 3 years.
    https://www.hk01.com/sns/article/811...edium=referral
    Last edited by shri; 07-09-2022 at 11:17 AM.

Given the market rate I heard was 2-3k, no wonder there was a line and she got in trouble for it.

It seems that people can be remarkably unforgiving about providing personal choice despite the vaccination rate being well over 90% and even when it is clearly identified as an excuse not to reopen, which is disappointing, whatever one thinks of the sensibility of the choice itself.

It would be interesting as a thought experiment if certs were available to avoid quarantine, whether people who thought them unnecessary would feel the same way about their use.

At least the hotel racket is legal and government supported I suppose.

I live in the local area and was looking for a doctor a few weeks back, saw a queue of over 100 people and asked some of them queueing what was going on lol. I even filmed the queue as I was walking along it

Hope they go down for a long time

Oh yeah, let's have these people join those in prison for wearing a mask during the protests:
    "What are you in for?"
    "Mask-wearing, I mean, before it was compulsory and all- and you?"
    "I got sentenced for using a false vaccine certificate..."

In addition, any person who knows or believes that a false instrument is false and takes custody or control of the instrument without lawful authority or excuse commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for up to 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    The prosecution would have to show either that her support of the pro-democracy movement was a relevant factor in the present case before it would be admissible in court. Of course, it's impossible to unhear things once they are said ....

Leaving aside the issue of medical malpractise, given that Hong Kong's low vaccination rate is repeatedly cited as an excuse for maintaining the utterly pointless and economically destructive quarantine/arrival circus, I really hope she's put out of business for good.
    "Low vaccination rate". We have one of the highest vaccination rates in the world now. Just a shame that the ones who are not vaccinated are the elderly who need it the most.

A doctor in Yau Ma Tei and his three assistants were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly issuing more than 2,000 vaccination exemption certificates and getting HK$10 million without proper diagnoses.

Investigators took action against the clinic on 335 Nathan Road late yesterday after receiving complaints. It's alleged to have issued more than 2,000 vaccine exemption certificates in the past three months, charging HK$4,000 to HK$5,000 a time.

Around HK$760,000 and HK$1.1 million in cash were also seized from the doctor’s clinic and resident respectively, which the force suspected was crime proceeds.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...exemption-ploy
    ArrynField likes this.

You knew it you'd get found out sooner or later. Greedy b*gger.

10 million HKD, 1.1 million pounds.

shri likes this.

More doctors arrested..

On the 5th of this month, the police also arrested a 64-year-old female western (medicine) doctor from a clinic in Yuen Long. She was suspected of issuing "needle-free paper" to patients at a fee of $500 each. A relevant exemption certificate.

The female doctor was arrested on suspicion of "manufacturing false documents" and was released on bail pending further investigation.

https://www.hk01.com/article/817559?...edium=referral
    Last edited by shri; 22-09-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    More doctors including a western female arrested..

https://www.hk01.com/article/817559?...edium=referral
    Mistranslation. The article uses the word 西醫 which is a doctor of western medicine (as opposed to Chinese medicine)
    GentleGeorge, shri and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Mistranslation. The article uses the word 西醫 which is a doctor of western medicine (as opposed to Chinese medicine)
    Thanks for the correction. Was wondering who the doc was as there are handful left in town.
    aw451 likes this.