View Poll Results: What data should the HK Gov be publishing about Covid in the city

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monthly Round-up

0 0%
  • Weekly - deaths

0 0%
  • Weekly - deaths and vaccination status

2 11.11%
  • Weekly - ICU patients

0 0%
  • Weekly - ICU patients and vaccine status

1 5.56%
  • Daily - deaths

1 5.56%
  • Daily - deaths and vaccination status

0 0%
  • Daily - ICU patients

0 0%
  • Daily - ICU patients and vaccine status

0 0%
  • What's Covid? Wasn't that in 2020?

16 88.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree12Likes

What Covid data do we need?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What Covid data do we need?

HK Gov have stuck with the daily pronouncement of infections and deaths with Covid infection. At this stage of the diseases progression are these the right things to be informing the pubic to allow society to move onto the next phase of living with Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    HK Gov have stuck with the daily pronouncement of infections and deaths with Covid infection. At this stage of the diseases progression are these the right things to be informing the pubic to allow society to move onto the next phase of living with Covid?
    Oh FFS, stop legitimising this bullshit by implying all that is needed is some thoughtful policy tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Oh FFS, stop legitimising this bullshit by implying all that is needed is some thoughtful policy tweaks.
    It is. The demonisation of the over 80's who are not fully vaccinated and tying up ICU beds is needed.
    Rob2020 and Beanieskis like this.

In fairness Sage East Coast has a point however futile it is. It was bad enough when the adult population were (and still are) under unnecessary measures because of the unwillingness of the elderly to get vaxed. Now to extend those rules to 5 year plus while the old get by with exemptions is scandalous.

What data should the HK Gov be publishing about Covid in the city:

None. Most news outlet in the world do not report anything anymore about COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    In fairness Sage East Coast has a point however futile it is. It was bad enough when the adult population were (and still are) under unnecessary measures because of the unwillingness of the elderly to get vaxed. Now to extend those rules to 5 year plus while the old get by with exemptions is scandalous.
    If you start from the assumption that the policy is well-intentioned but flawed, then Eastcoast has a point.

But in that case the policy would’ve been rationalised and worked through long, long ago.

If you work from the assumption that these restrictions are purely political, which is clearly the case, then no East Coast Doesn’t have a point.

The data being released is being released to serve their political purpose.

If you start from the assumption that the policy is well-intentioned but flawed, then Eastcoast has a point.

But in that case the policy would’ve been rationalised and worked through long, long ago.

If you work from the assumption that these restrictions are purely political, which is clearly the case, then no East Coast Doesn’t have a point.

The data being released is being released to serve their political purpose.
    I think you give the government way too much credit if you think these policies are intentional but political. This is incompetence caused by group think in my view, not some elaborately clever strategy. If it was elaborately clever they surely could have avoided so many deaths and overloading the healthcare system, whilst still introducing the control wanted for political end?

https://twitter.com/DrDOwens/status/1567724261527420928

In the absence of “misery loves company” or one abnormal thing makes another less abnormal thing “more” justifiable, inquiring minds want to know if those still vocally supporting vaccine mandates and preventing ICU usage would or should support - 1) preventing the elderly (over 60s) from leaving their homes if case counts exceed some arbitrary threshold 2) anyone and everyone henceforth prohibited from dangerous activities like mountain climbing, biking on roads and perhaps even use of motorcycles 3) preventing every person from smoking - just to understand the consistency of the rationale. [I could still sort of understand the craze for forcibly insisting on others vaccinating for “community safety” when “herd immunity” was thought to be a thing even if I disagreed, but the zombie like continuance even in the present day leaves me scratching my head about demanding overriding personal choice, just because it’s not one they themselves would make]

Need? Nothing

Want? My concern would be without some official data then unofficial data would run rampant. So I think there should be official data released but that doesn't of course mean it needs to be reported.

East_coast and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    I think you give the government way too much credit if you think these policies are intentional but political. This is incompetence caused by group think in my view, not some elaborately clever strategy. If it was elaborately clever they surely could have avoided so many deaths and overloading the healthcare system, whilst still introducing the control wanted for political end?
    Don't understand me too fast - Nothing that they have done is clever, and there are clearly large amounts of incompetence spread thickly across this process at every level.

But the motivation is political control, and pandering to the idiotic culture that fears it's own shadow and thinks life must be better if extended at any cost.

That pandering is of course political as well - shamelessly and blatantly propping up the moronic beliefs of their only support base.

Seriously, who thinks that the data has something to teach at this stage - the whole thing is a non-story and thus all data on it is pointless other than a pathetically transparent attempt to keep the lie spinning.

What data do we need on the common cold? - Literally fuck all.
    north2 and mrgoodkat like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast