Like Tree36Likes

Hong Kong Property Price

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    I've got no idea how much further HK property prices will fall. Neither does anyone else.

Quite frankly, based on the deafening crescendos of "experts" declaring the sky is falling during previous bear markets, it would be reasonable to conclude that they louder they proclaim that Hong Kong is about to collapse the closer the market is to a bottom – but that may just be cynicism on my part.

At some point, there will be opportunities which I hope to take advantage of but IMHO we're some way away from that.
    I agree. Whenever experts express their views, it usually goes the wrong way in reality. Most likely for their personal gains. Theres no real benefits for them to do homework and share their real views to the general public.

Opportunities are always around. its all about timing...
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    Seller is probably desperate to sell.

Already a few transactions c $11,500 psf

https://hk.centanet.com/findproperty...6kqE5XgID2ijeA
    Durr.. I shared this info a month ago about Lohas Park. Homes around 10 years old going for 10-11k /sqft while the new or prebuild are going for close to 20k/sqft

Is their HK office rental up for renewal?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Which banks link their current or savings rate to prime?
    @Peaky?

In general the savings rate has a fixed differential vs that rate of around 5%. HSBC and Hang Seng have maintained that differential forever... same for SCB i believe. Obviously time deposits are priced totally separately from this.

Last edited by Peaky; 08-10-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    In general the savings rate has a fixed differential vs that rate of around 5%. HSBC and Hang Seng have maintained that differential forever... same for SCB i believe. Obviously time deposits are priced totally separately from this.
    So an unofficial link? They can just decide whether to honour this or not?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    So an unofficial link? They can just decide whether to honour this or not?
    Nothing contractual, nothing official in the regulation... definitely reputational constraints, who knows what else behind closed doors...

Thanks! I did check any my HSBC account is now paying 0.125% !

qhank likes this.

Double stamp duty plus strong Dollar offsets any reduction in listed prices for those financing in weaker currencies other than a complete slide. And then there is the small matter of rising interest rates. Plus, are rents significantly rising in response to inflation?

Carry trade suggestions anybody?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast