Like Tree36Likes

Hong Kong Property Price

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

I see Lohas Park hitting close to 10k/sqft in some of the older building listings (~12 years old).

Thats another 10% drop from previous months at 11-12k/sqft

This looks like it's going to be a secular contraction in housing prices and possibly everything connected to HK.

Remember, peak to trough housing during the 1997-2003 decline was 70%. 70%. 70%.

Let that settle in for a moment...

Hkemail888 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    Remember, peak to trough housing during the 1997-2003 decline was 70%. 70%. 70%.
    Do you recall what the trough to peak was?
    bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Do you recall what the trough to peak was?
    There was a Bloomberg article that mentioned this - I think it was 500%. Peak to peak is probably a more interesting comparison though because there's a quote that says the only thing you get from trying to pick a bottom is a smelly finger.

Sorry, I meant the recovery from trough to previous peak levels. I do recall a sharp bounch in the years after SARS. Fortunes were made ..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Sorry, I meant the recovery from trough to previous peak levels. I do recall a sharp bounch in the years after SARS. Fortunes were made ..
    IIRC, around that time developers were offering second mortgages of 25% with no interest or principal payments for 4 years. They were also paying the conveyancing costs.

I remember Peter Churchouse doing seminars explain how cheap HK property was. The P+I payments on a 70% first mortgage from a bank were sometimes less than the monthly rent on the same property.
    shri and bdw like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5