Like Tree22Likes

Hong Kong Property Price

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hong Kong Property Price

It might be a good time to buy in the next 6-12 months.

‘Centaline's Shih expects 15pc drop in property prices’

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...3-20220915.htm

I think the covid rules will also have a big effect. If HK drops the quarantine rules it will be become a very desirable place for mainlanders. This will bolster mid to high end property prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    I think the covid rules will also have a big effect. If HK drops the quarantine rules it will be become a very desirable place for mainlanders. This will bolster mid to high end property prices.
    Would probably more push the rental market no? Can't see that the window when HK is open and Mainland is still closed due to Covid creates a rush to immediately purchase property in HK when the Mainland economy is very weak. More like live here for 1-2 years and then evaluate.
    fruitsalad likes this.

The mainlanders who come here to buy don't want to live here, they want to remove their money out of mainland. Suddenly it appears that Singapore might be safer than a suburb of greater bay.

Capital controls are far tougher right now in our country.

D.YU, RobRoy, Gatts and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    Don't think so With the events of the past years HK stopped being the money park haven it used to be for mainlanders since it's now assimilated into full CCP control.

Off my mind seems like the first time hearing of a property agent (boss) actually saying property price in hk will drop... isnt' it a taboo topic for many roles in hk ?

ndt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    Off my mind seems like the first time hearing of a property agent (boss) actually saying property price in hk will drop... isnt' it a taboo topic for many roles in hk ?
    That was the first thought in my mind when i read his name with 15% drop, looks like 4-5% fat commission on new projects is drying up so he is using sinister tactic to press developer's throat and make them go back to good old days otherwise its unlikely he would say such thing at a time when huge pile of properties are in pipeline for primary market.. This guy has always been a chameleon and a .... never mind..

Rental prices already dropped more than 15%. So the asset devaluating is only logical. But if only RE in HK was logical lol.

I was looking at Lohas Park. They had a 3bdrm unit, 700 sqft, 10 years old, asking 10m back in May. Now asking 7.7m. @11k/sqft Is this as cheap as subsidized housing?

Daily CTNs in Lohas/TKO though right? (agree that 'surely' the CTNs cant go on indefinitely........................)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    Daily CTNs in Lohas/TKO though right? (agree that 'surely' the CTNs cant go on indefinitely........................)
    My gf's family in TKO had CTN 3 times in the last 5 weeks... crazy

Not sure this actually impacts pricing on particular communities. Most communities have countless CTNs too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast