Like Tree265Likes

Govt considers 0+7 quarantine

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Asia's World City.

Plutark likes this.

HOPE RETURNS

Oddly enough I'd rather have 3+0. I'm ok locking myself up in a hotel room for a few days but the +4 really seems designed to let people got to work but nothing remotely enjoyable.

HK_Katherine and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Oddly enough I'd rather have 3+0. I'm ok locking myself up in a hotel room for a few days but the +4 really seems designed to let people got to work but nothing remotely enjoyable.
    To be honest, I don’t really notice the +4. You can invite friends home and cook or order takeout. You can excercise outside. You can do your shopping. And so on. I can get over not going to restaurants for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    To be honest, I don’t really notice the +4. You can invite friends home and cook or order takeout. You can excercise outside. You can do your shopping. And so on. I can get over not going to restaurants for a few days.
    You can even go out for a Friday night drink in Soho and surrounds, it's mostly alfresco anyway.

I say 'even' like it's somewhat of a bonus. Just to clarify, obviously the govt and their enablers are F#@$!*% T%@^& and this whole things is moronic.... ho hum.
    Crankshaft likes this.

Wait...you prefer 3+0 compared to 0+4?

There is always one

aw451 and Crankshaft like this.

I think the very sudden about face is because they want to reduce it slowly, but also have 0+0 by November. And they seem to have just realised that would mean moving to 0+7 or 0+3 pretty quickly.

They've already just relaxed the rules for aircrew and I think that is a precursor. Aircrew are now 0+3 for passenger flights from overseas places - and the "+3" is just monitoring not amber code - so they are allowed to go to restaurants. 0+0 for flights from China (and cargo I think?). Before the passenger quarantine was reduced to 3+4 aircrew had 3+4 - so it seems they may be one step ahead?

Of course there is no logic to incremental reductions - it should be an immediate move to 0+0. However I think they'll do it incrementally so that the health code system they jsut introduced doesn't look like a total waste of time and money... Saving face more important than the economy?

Sage, Morrison, aublumberg and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Wait...you prefer 3+0 compared to 0+4?
    0+4 would be fine. They're talking 0+7. Since I don't have a flat in HK anymore, I need to stay in a hotel anyways. I'd happily do three days locked up work-from-hotel followed by do whatever you want, rather than 7 days pay-for-a-hotel-but-don't-have-fun.

That being said, I remember there was a discussion around this before. What happens if Sage takes a screenshot of his blue barcode and I use that one to check into a place? #askingforafriend

0+4 would be fine. They're talking 0+7. Since I don't have a flat in HK anymore, I need to stay in a hotel anyways. I'd happily do three days locked up work-from-hotel followed by do whatever you want, rather than 7 days pay-for-a-hotel-but-don't-have-fun.

That being said, I remember there was a discussion around this before. What happens if Sage takes a screenshot of his blue barcode and I use that one to check into a place? #askingforafriend

One people's benefit over 8 millions benefit. Enough said. Obviously 0+7 is better for people living in HK.

It should be zero altogether but that is another story.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast