Like Tree265Likes

Govt considers 0+7 quarantine

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    0+4 would be fine. They're talking 0+7. Since I don't have a flat in HK anymore, I need to stay in a hotel anyways. I'd happily do three days locked up work-from-hotel followed by do whatever you want, rather than 7 days pay-for-a-hotel-but-don't-have-fun.

That being said, I remember there was a discussion around this before. What happens if Sage takes a screenshot of his blue barcode and I use that one to check into a place? #askingforafriend
    It's a good question and nobody knows for sure, but I think it's pretty damn clear that:

1) This is all about face
    2) They're pretty badly disorganised.

Therefore the only risk is if the person who's QR you are using is checked in somewhere else at the same time as you or if the establishment is raided whist you're present.

If you can guarantee that the owner of the QR is not going to attempt to check in at the same time, then that risk is entirely eliminated. But even if you can't guarantee that I predict that the risk is also non existent if coupling with a burner.. You can scan your own QR code and get the "bing bong" and then immediately scan it again 10 seconds later and get another "bing bong" and therefore you will be able to do that in 5 mins, an hour, 12 hours etc. Thus the vaccine pass has no record of when you leave.

Does anybody think that this system is backed by AI so that it can flag an alert if ya QR checks in in central and then 15 mins later checks in in Yuen Long? Even if it could, is someone going to check the CCTV in both locations after the fact and try to figure out what occurred? Is there even CCTV? Are its time codes synced perfectly with the vaccine scanner? Can they void the QR of a legit user and re-issue another one? If they can, how long does that take?

As for being raided - I've never been in an establishment that has been raided (Has anyone here?). Is it still happening? (I guess not). What's the procedure for checking sign in's vs patrons on site?

It would attract some business people and personal relatives. But rather than large numbers of tourists, it will be HKers who would be travelling more. Foreign families tourists would still find it difficult with all the complusory testing and tracking apps…

Funny thing is 0+anything will probably hurt the economy more than the current arrangements... easy outward tourism for residents to go spend all their mighty HKD in Japan and none of the inflow.

Firing Lo would be a very easy way for Jon Lee and Paul Chan to save face and go straight to opening up.

I guess 0+7 would close the door on the mainland border opening up anytime soon. Most tourists are from the Mainland and they will never visit HK if they need to quarantine when returning to the Mainland.

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    I guess 0+7 would close the door on the mainland border opening up anytime soon. Most tourists are from the Mainland and they will never visit HK if they need to quarantine when returning to the Mainland.
    Sounds like a win/win in the current environment, everyone gets what they want.
    Crankshaft and aublumberg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    0+4 would be fine. They're talking 0+7. Since I don't have a flat in HK anymore, I need to stay in a hotel anyways. I'd happily do three days locked up work-from-hotel followed by do whatever you want, rather than 7 days pay-for-a-hotel-but-don't-have-fun.

That being said, I remember there was a discussion around this before. What happens if Sage takes a screenshot of his blue barcode and I use that one to check into a place? #askingforafriend
    That's some weird thinking imo, unless the only way you have fun is to eat and drink out everyday. Go to the beach, hike or do something else outside. The weather is getting cooler and less humid. Or do what you mentioned in your 2nd paragraph, especially if it's for places which won't get raided, eg. sports clubs. Just do not be dumb enough to go endanger your life close to a bbq pit!

Many more aspects to mention. The pro's of 0+7 far outweigh that of 3+0 for everyone.
    Last edited by Crankshaft; 19-09-2022 at 12:29 PM.
    Insomnia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    One people's benefit over 8 millions benefit. Enough said. Obviously 0+7 is better for people living in HK.

It should be zero altogether but that is another story.
    Much closer to 7 million now. The last 3 years of gov policy made sure of that.

Original Post Deleted
    Conversely it drives me nuts not being able to eat while im out and about! Or use my club (even to walk through it to the boat).
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    It's a good question and nobody knows for sure, but I think it's pretty damn clear that:

1) This is all about face
    2) They're pretty badly disorganised.

Therefore the only risk is if the person who's QR you are using is checked in somewhere else at the same time as you or if the establishment is raided whist you're present.

If you can guarantee that the owner of the QR is not going to attempt to check in at the same time, then that risk is entirely eliminated. But even if you can't guarantee that I predict that the risk is also non existent if coupling with a burner.. You can scan your own QR code and get the "bing bong" and then immediately scan it again 10 seconds later and get another "bing bong" and therefore you will be able to do that in 5 mins, an hour, 12 hours etc. Thus the vaccine pass has no record of when you leave.

Does anybody think that this system is backed by AI so that it can flag an alert if ya QR checks in in central and then 15 mins later checks in in Yuen Long? Even if it could, is someone going to check the CCTV in both locations after the fact and try to figure out what occurred? Is there even CCTV? Are its time codes synced perfectly with the vaccine scanner? Can they void the QR of a legit user and re-issue another one? If they can, how long does that take?

As for being raided - I've never been in an establishment that has been raided (Has anyone here?). Is it still happening? (I guess not). What's the procedure for checking sign in's vs patrons on site?
    Its far simpler to just take a screenshot of your own blue code before you turn amber. No friends required.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Its far simpler to just take a screenshot of your own blue code before you turn amber. No friends required.
    Ive tried that, didn't work...
    Last edited by NTCP88; 19-09-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast