Like Tree265Likes

Govt considers 0+7 quarantine

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    It's a good question and nobody knows for sure, but I think it's pretty damn clear that:

1) This is all about face
    2) They're pretty badly disorganised.

Therefore the only risk is if the person who's QR you are using is checked in somewhere else at the same time as you or if the establishment is raided whist you're present.

If you can guarantee that the owner of the QR is not going to attempt to check in at the same time, then that risk is entirely eliminated. But even if you can't guarantee that I predict that the risk is also non existent if coupling with a burner.. You can scan your own QR code and get the "bing bong" and then immediately scan it again 10 seconds later and get another "bing bong" and therefore you will be able to do that in 5 mins, an hour, 12 hours etc. Thus the vaccine pass has no record of when you leave.

Does anybody think that this system is backed by AI so that it can flag an alert if ya QR checks in in central and then 15 mins later checks in in Yuen Long? Even if it could, is someone going to check the CCTV in both locations after the fact and try to figure out what occurred? Is there even CCTV? Are its time codes synced perfectly with the vaccine scanner? Can they void the QR of a legit user and re-issue another one? If they can, how long does that take?

As for being raided - I've never been in an establishment that has been raided (Has anyone here?). Is it still happening? (I guess not). What's the procedure for checking sign in's vs patrons on site?
    Its far simpler to just take a screenshot of your own blue code before you turn amber. No friends required.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Its far simpler to just take a screenshot of your own blue code before you turn amber. No friends required.
    Ive tried that, didn't work...
    Last edited by NTCP88; 19-09-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Conversely it drives me nuts not being able to eat while im out and about! Or use my club (even to walk through it to the boat).
    But you know how to get round that now...

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Funny thing is 0+anything will probably hurt the economy more than the current arrangements... easy outward tourism for residents to go spend all their mighty HKD in Japan and none of the inflow.

Firing Lo would be a very easy way for Jon Lee and Paul Chan to save face and go straight to opening up.
    Given that Lee/Lo/Chan all were picked and answer to the same boss it wouldn't matter at all. All this waffling is just because they await further instructions from Sai Wan/up north.
    Baklava likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    Ive tried that, didn't work...
    It should not work. The checking app verifies your status in real time accd to govt statements.
    Sith likes this.

At this point, all speculation is pointless.

All depends on what Xi sees best.

Gatts and Morrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    It should not work. The checking app verifies your status in real time accd to govt statements.
    Yeah... Just wanted to give it a try. Was out for a coffee with a friend, so we had to sit outside, sweating like a pig...

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Tourism, once a gigantic revenue generator, and employer, however will not return with this system.

It's still crap.
    But it will be amazing for Japan, Thailand, Korea! Imagine how many HKers will be off out of here once no hotel quarantine?

Only so many staycations you can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA:
    But it will be amazing for Japan, Thailand, Korea! Imagine how many HKers will be off out of here once no hotel quarantine?

Only so many staycations you can handle.
    Not insignificant numbers, but not that many.

Asia's tourism boom was built on mainland Chinese tourists the past decade or so.
    shri and qhank like this.

Well I will be the first out of here on a trip

Just looked on sky scanner round the world trip - hkg - bkk - lhr - nyc - sfo - hkg for just 13k hkd!!

vmlinuz and Crankshaft like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast