Like Tree265Likes

Govt considers 0+7 quarantine

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
  1. #81

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    67

    You will be free to move around Hong Kong, but with no QR code pass you cannot enter high risk places ie mainly restaurants


  2. #82

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    22,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    What is 0+7? Anyone not currently in Hong Kong couldn't possibly keep up with the abstract, surreal Hong Kong covid jargon...

    Like what Wooden said, how the hell would that help the economy or tourism or former residents wishing to come back? If you don't have your own home in Hong Kong, where are you supposed to stay and eat during those 7? In a hotel quarantine?

    Will they arrest tourists for going to a restaurant who are quadruple jabbed have had covid and therefore pose near zero risk? That will kill off HK tourism.

    Also HK's will spend more abroad given their enforced thriftyness for +7 on return.

    The option of just stopping enforcing and don't tell Beijing no longer seems likely now they have all these tools. Although many restaurants, most wet markets and all deep blue economy places have stopped enforcing anything some time ago.
    aw451 and Mrs. Jones like this.

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden:
    For the economy, 0+7 is actually worse than 3+4. If it is 0+7, Hong Kong locals will flock to Japan, but tourists will definitely not come to HK.
    Yeah but no. Tourists won’t come on 3+4. Tourists won’t come on 0+7. No change for tourists.

    But 0+7 is massively better for HK residents. So a big win overall.

    Maybe it will be 0+7 then 0+4 then 0.
    aw451 and Beanieskis like this.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR China
    Posts
    1,929

    The mainland isn't opening in the short term. This move will allow HK to take back its historical role as China's interface with the rest of the world.

    0+n doesn't matter so much for this use case, since business meetings are legit when you have a yellow code.


  5. #85

    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Yeah but no. Tourists won’t come on 3+4. Tourists won’t come on 0+7. No change for tourists.

    But 0+7 is massively better for HK residents. So a big win overall.

    Maybe it will be 0+7 then 0+4 then 0.
    no matter the formula, as tourist would you come if you risk endding up in penny bay...

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23,411
    Quote Originally Posted by north2:
    no matter the formula, as tourist would you come if you risk endding up in penny bay...
    I think many would take that risk, especially as most people outside Hong Kong probably don’t even know about it.
    Crankshaft and Beanieskis like this.

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    I think many would take that risk, especially as most people outside Hong Kong probably don’t even know about it.
    fair enough...

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Yeah, yeah Gatts yeah yeah...

    A few key commentors argued with you robustly that we needed cases to explode in HK and that the HK govt was making decisions about covid policy that were significantly different from the mainland (and continue to do so).
    Er no, my position has always been that HK was held hostage by China's zero covid policies, but not that somehow HK would face exactly a carbon copy of that of the mainland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Your position was/is that HK has zero input into the process and that restrictions would get way worse if cases took off.
    Yes, as has been proven correct this past year with the limitless amount of insane restrictions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Both those major positions were/are badly incorrect.
    They were very correct. Really wonder what you've been smoking or trying to argue about to be honest.

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    23,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Er no, my position has always been that HK was held hostage by China's zero covid policies, but not that somehow HK would face exactly a carbon copy of that of the mainland.


    Yes, as has been proven correct this past year with the limitless amount of insane restrictions?


    They were very correct. Really wonder what you've been smoking or trying to argue about to be honest.
    You’re pissing into the wind here. Sage has been wrong on every single step of the pandemic and has refused to admit it for the best part of three years now. Don’t feed the troll!!!
    ReleaseZeKraken, north2 and Gatts like this.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    You’re pissing into the wind here. Sage has been wrong on every single step of the pandemic and has refused to admit it for the best part of three years now. Don’t feed the troll!!!
    Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me if they relax the mask mandate it will have nothing to do with Sage’s heroism and leadership?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast