Like Tree6Likes

3.4% Time Deposit Interest Rate | BEA Bank | Is it worth to choose BEA Bank?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by achanster:
    Does that mean they think RMB is going down?
    RMB is going down .

Any banks offering decentish regular rates (ie not dealing with time deposit). Have searched around, esp the virtual banks, but beyond their bonus rates can't find any decent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by achanster:
    But make sure those banks are financially sound though (and not pulling out of HK any time soon), I would say.
    They've been around for decades serving the Indian community, especially Indian trading companies. SBI is the largest public sector bank in India. If other banks get in trouble in India, SBI steps in to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    They've been around for decades serving the Indian community, especially Indian trading companies. SBI is the largest public sector bank in India. If other banks get in trouble in India, SBI steps in to save them.
    I'm sure SBI is fine, but just because the mother company is strong, it doesn't mean that SBI legally is not allowed to let its branch in HK go.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    I'm sure SBI is fine, but just because the mother company is strong, it doesn't mean that SBI legally is not allowed to let its branch in HK go.
    It’s covered by HK deposit protection anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    It's amazing how you think that everything that could go wrong will go wrong within the year you may plan to make a deposit despite them being around since 1978 in HK

I don't think anything, I don't even have an opinion on SBI, just stating facts when someone refers to the strength of SBI in India. I would be comfortable to deposit up to 500k with SBI myself given the DPS, that's due to DPS and not SBI though..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Indian and other non-local banks will offer higher rates. Worth checking them out if you are chasing yield. Someone somewhere mentioned Qatar offering 4% (don't remember if this was a bond or FD..)
    Qatar bank now 1y 5%.. unfortunately i don't think they do retail business..
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    Qatar bank now 1y 5%.. unfortunately i don't think they do retail business..
    QNB deposits not offered to individuals. Only to companies.
    Morrison likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3