Like Tree226Likes

Quarantine - 0+3 from 26th Sept, No pre-boarding PCR

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

boarding is a PITA. Counter staff usually does not follow the latest protocols or fully understand the "grey" areas.

When I came back in July, I had a POSITIVE PCR test + recover note + negative RAT test. My first connecting flight, the lady at the counter was confused and wanted to tell me to leave. The second flight, direct to HK, the CX crew had some goody goody counter staff and was "unsure" if my RAT test was "credible" as he has never seen the clinic name. Needless to say I was worried and ready to kick some ass if I was rejected boarding at the connecting terminal.

Most stressful and unpleasant travel experience in my life so far. I had to reschedule my flight and Q hotel because I could not fly for 2 weeks after I caught covid. Rescheduling flights and hotels during that time was a disaster, airlines are understaff and quarantine hotels were full AF.

shri likes this.

that did it!! I am now back after being exiled for many days cause i forgot to download the healthcode app in Aug Lmao

I was re-routed to SG until I got their SMS message XD

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I don't think you need to upload it anywhere - just declare that you've done it and it was negative. Remember you'll be doing a PCR test when you land anyway, which will be more reliable and up-to-date...
    Just to confirm this, in the health declaration form you have to declare that you have done a RAT test by ticking a box. You don’t need to upload anywhere and in actual fact you do not even need to declare whether the result was positive or negative
    hullexile, emx, vmlinuz and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Just to confirm this, in the health declaration form you have to declare that you have done a RAT test by ticking a box. You don’t need to upload anywhere and in actual fact you do not even need to declare whether the result was positive or negative
    Yes - this is correct but ...

... there are multiple reports on the HK Support Group of people being denied boarding because some airlines are insisting that the RAT test be a supervised one.

Flying back to HK in three week's time. Hoping the airlines have their %$@# together by then.
    ben10 likes this.

pls dont end up like us, stranded and then rebooking a flight to Singapore and stay at your Aunts haha

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Yes - this is correct but ...

... there are multiple reports on the HK Support Group of people being denied boarding because some airlines are insisting that the RAT test be a supervised one.

Flying back to HK in three week's time. Hoping the airlines have their %$@# together by then.
    Singapore airlines is worrying .. because their guidance states that the "report" has to be in "English or Chinese" ...

Name:  Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 9.48.04 AM.png
Views: 328
Size:  28.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ben10:
    pls dont end up like us, stranded and then rebooking a flight to Singapore and stay at your Aunts haha
    What airlines?

Qatar

If the ticketing counter a joint venture with other airlines e.g. SAS pls ask to speak to the manager, and they will sort you out.

The ticket handling was 5/5 but if we didn't ask to speak to the manager, we would've been stuck in Sweden haha

shri likes this.

I returned from Singapore with Singapore Airlines on Wednesday and all they required was a cursory sight of the Green QR Code, no questions about the nature of the test, whether it was supervised etc. The whole process was relatively orderly and it's been a long time since I could say that . . .

shri, Mrs. Jones and cookie09 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHK~:
    I returned from Singapore with Singapore Airlines on Wednesday and all they required was a cursory sight of the Green QR Code, no questions about the nature of the test, whether it was supervised etc. The whole process was relatively orderly and it's been a long time since I could say that . . .
    Thanks for posting this. Am scheduled to fly to HK via Singapore on SQ soon. Let's hope this stays orderly.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast