Like Tree226Likes

Quarantine - 0+3 from 26th Sept, No pre-boarding PCR

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

So, as I understand it from the CX website, traveling to HK now only requires a RAT test that you can get done by yourself, is that right? Not clinic-certified or anything of the like, just my own RAT which I should be able to pull right at the airport and do it on the spot, right? Who certifies how recent that test is?

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    So, as I understand it from the CX website, traveling to HK now only requires a RAT test that you can get done by yourself, is that right? Not clinic-certified or anything of the like, just my own RAT which I should be able to pull right at the airport and do it on the spot, right? Who certifies how recent that test is?
    Self certification.. Tick a box on the govt health declaration form. You can take a photo with a time stamp if you want.

Test can be done upto 24 hrs before the flight.
    Last edited by shri; 08-10-2022 at 06:20 AM.
    ByeByeEngland and timonoj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Self certification.. Tick a box on the govt health declaration form. You can take a photo with a time stamp if you want.

Test can be done upto 24 hrs before the flight.
    Be careful if you are transiting or not doing Cathay. Still reports of airline confusion (and who can blame them. Take a negative Rat with you. Unfortunately my ones appear to have turned black not red so I’m going to have to top up. I haven’t used the govt freebies yet. All of mine so far from work.
    timonoj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Be careful if you are transiting or not doing Cathay. Still reports of airline confusion (and who can blame them. Take a negative Rat with you. Unfortunately my ones appear to have turned black not red so I’m going to have to top up. I haven’t used the govt freebies yet. All of mine so far from work.
    Yes I did get hassled by the ground staff in a second tier city in India. Managed to get them to message SQ and sort it out. 30 mins of unneeded stress.
    ByeByeEngland and timonoj like this.

What if your RAT is positive? Not allowed to board?

Also, if you're a tourist and airport PCR is positive. Stuck in the hotel you booked or sent to a camp?

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    What if your RAT is positive? Not allowed to board?

Also, if you're a tourist and airport PCR is positive. Stuck in the hotel you booked or sent to a camp?
    The new protocol says you can stay wherever you planned as long as it's safe. If the hotel has terminated its covid protocols then they might want you out.. No clue how that works.

If yiu have declared yiur rat to be positive, you will not get the green QR code required for boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The new protocol says you can stay wherever you planned as long as it's safe. If the hotel has terminated its covid protocols then they might want you out.. No clue how that works.

If yiu have declared yiur rat to be positive, you will not get the green QR code required for boarding.
    I see. OK for us who live here. We can just lie. Why not.

No tourist will want to come with the current system.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...l-doubles-down

Not "lying flat"... Perhaps this is "letting it rot" instead?

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...l-doubles-down

Not "lying flat"... Perhaps this is "letting it rot" instead?
    Has your account been hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Has your account been hacked?
    I do not think so?