CE "Command and Control Group" Press Conference
Time: 3:30pm, September 23, 2022
Livestream:1. Chief Executive, Mr John Lee
2. Secretary for Health, Professor Lo Chung-mau
3. Secretary for Transport and Logistics, Mr Lam Sai-hung
4. Deputy Secretary for Health (Special Duties), Mr Vincent Fung
- Confirmed cases are falling, following changes for arrivals:
- Effective 26th Sept.
- 3+4 quarantine will be changed to 0+3 (0 hotel days + 3 home surveillance on Amber code)
- Pre boarding PCR requirement will be scrapped. 24 hour RAT (Self tested) result will have to be presented and make use of an online declaration. (Will post more details later)
- Can board without vaccination. Will not get a provisional vaccine pass and must get vaccinated on arrival (or medical exemption etc).
- PCR test on arrival, No test and hold. Any form of public transport is ok.
- After they have obtained a -ve result, they will be given an Amber code for days 0-2. Can go out but no eating in restaurants / scheduled premises. If -ve on day 3, can get blue code.
- Flight suspension mechanism is still suspended.
- Isolation for +ve on arrival - if the risks are low - isolation arrangement will follow local protocols i.e. home or hotel or CIFs.
- Bus companies have been asked to restart services.
- Airport express runs @ 15 mins. (not sure how accurate this is)
- Hotel arrangements: Inbound tourists for next few days will be sent to hotels. From 26th of Sept the arrivals can leave the airport as they wish. Individual travellers who want to stay in hotels.
- Hotels need to refund as of Sept 26th.
- Economic momentum blah blah ...
- We have suddenly figured that local community is more infectious than overseas visitors.
- You are commanded to be positive about all of this!
- Prof Lo gets a Nobel prize nomination for fixing my insomnia problem.... jeez the guy does not know how to STFU and just roll with the good news.
- 0+3 - have we now chosen to "co-exist" and is this un-patriotic or approved by the Central HQ?
- In line with our "5 pillars" ... this is the same as the mainland.
- Do the arrivals need to keep the -ve RAT with them?
- Not answered, but do intend to find out. Did read somewhere that it needs to be uploaded as part of the heath declaration.
- Will more measures be scrapped soon?
- We are introducing measures that we're confident with. As we progress it needs to be orderly. We will monitor and keep progressing - more room to reduce other measures.