Like Tree8Likes

Airlines Returning to HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What interest me more especially with winter coming are regional flights to interesting destinations around Asia like HK Express or Air Asia to Chiang Mai, Da Nang or Taichung for example. That will make HK a lot more livable if we can get away for long weekends or a week every couple of months.

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    What interest me more especially with winter coming are regional flights to interesting destinations around Asia like HK Express or Air Asia to Chiang Mai, Da Nang or Taichung for example. That will make HK a lot more livable if we can get away for long weekends or a week every couple of months.
    Not in my wildest dreams

BA were already planning to resume in December before the announcements yesterday.

CX flights might stay expensive for a while because the incompetent management made sure to do their part in getting rid of too many pilots AND trainers. Pilots leaving due to restictions is just half the story.

The result of a once great airline being run into the ground by degenerates and bean counters.

Pilots leaving due to restRictions is just half the story.

Not forgetting that the validity of the "driving license" for those up at the "sharp end" is terminated if they have NOT been flying for an extended period of time, and then they have to re-pass all (?) their flight tests before they can take command again.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    Same here, I have a trip booked to Kota Kinabalu with AirAsia over Chinese New Year, basically I have taken a bet they will re-instate flights until then.
    DonDiego likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:
    Pilots leaving due to restRictions is just half the story.

Not forgetting that the validity of the "driving license" for those up at the "sharp end" is terminated if they have NOT been flying for an extended period of time, and then they have to re-pass all (?) their flight tests before they can take command again.
    The amount of training required to get current again sort of depends on how long they have been out for. There are many CX pilots, especially on the 777, that have not flown for over 2 years. To get back to normal again they have to do six or seven simulator sessions (4 hours each), emergency/crew resource management renewal and I think 4 training flights plus a check flight. Last two mentioned are done on normal scheduled flights with pax.
    hullexile likes this.

Name:  84930449-1F2B-42D7-A369-1051560BC216.png
Views: 206
Size:  1.37 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    Name:  84930449-1F2B-42D7-A369-1051560BC216.png
Views: 206
Size:  1.37 MB
    Not defending CX in any way, but take anything Skytrax and any other airline rating website says with a huge bag of salt. Skytrax gets paid to provide consulting services to airlines and airports, so they are known for their lack of objectivity in their awards.

That’s right Crankshaft but Cathay trumpet it when they do get a good rating even if it is Skytrax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2