Like Tree26Likes

Airlines Returning to HK

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Airlines Returning to HK

Thought I would start a thread to track the airlines that are resuming passenger flights to/from HK or routes that had stopped and resuming again.

BA will resume on December 5th (they currently only doing daily cargo flight)

Air France??

United??

American??

shri and hullexile like this.

From a bloomberg article earlier today.

British Airways Plc plans to resume flights to Hong Kong in December, but Australia’s Qantas Airways Ltd. recently pushed back the restart of Hong Kong flights until late January 2023. Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. isn’t set to return until March next year.

United Airlines Holdings Inc., the only US carrier with Hong Kong flights, is yet to decide on resuming services. ANA Holdings Inc. said earlier this week it would restart services to the city from Tokyo Haneda airport from the end of October, flying four times a week.
    emx likes this.

I already knew it would be unpractical to travel even if all restrictions are lifted. Looking at Canada, their airports there are disaster for months (til now I think). Fired too many staff + limited flights = disaster

Only difference for HK would be the pricing lol... much more jaw dropping

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I already knew it would be unpractical to travel even if all restrictions are lifted. Looking at Canada, their airports there are disaster for months (til now I think). Fired too many staff + limited flights = disaster

Only difference for HK would be the pricing lol... much more jaw dropping
    I travelled through 5 different Canadian airports in August. Only Toronto was bad the rest were fine

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I travelled through 5 different Canadian airports in August. Only Toronto was bad the rest were fine
    Loads of people I know are happily flying in and out of the UK on holidays, the initial problems seemed solved loads of people flying in and out of the Philippines without issues. I don't think it will be impractical for Hong Kong to get the airport up and running efficiently.
    East_coast, Corrib and markranson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Loads of people I know are happily flying in and out of the UK on holidays, the initial problems seemed solved loads of people flying in and out of the Philippines without issues. I don't think it will be impractical for Hong Kong to get the airport up and running efficiently.
    Canada did particularly badly at restating possibly due to a bigger decline than most countries during the pandemic as it airports rely heavily on cross border traffic

https://www.traveloffpath.com/canada...flight-delays/
    Last edited by East_coast; 24-09-2022 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    yep, Cargo flights were still running at near normal levels. Passenger flights will grow but exponentially. There might be one or two teething issues but my guess is by November those with ID could be plane to roadside almost as quickly as the good old days. Just the PCR on arrival and a bit of admin to get through.

I’ll wait for the furore to die down before booking the Xmas trip back. Sure as hell not paying Cathay’s inflated rates.

As long as the human direction arrows can be repurposed to do other work at the airport it’ll be fine after some teething. The amount of expansion of the airport infrastructure and buildings is incredible over the last couple of years, albeit definitely not finished yet.

And just a quick glance at a few selected dates shows 20K cheapest economy from Cathay. I’ll either wait for BA direct (I hate BA) or go indirect via Finnair for just over half of the above.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast