Like Tree15Likes

Official 26th Sept Quarantine Changes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Don't know what needs to be presented to the airlines. I am assuming that the check in protocols will be updated.. Hopefully not by trail and error.

Would not want to be boarding in the 26th..
    None of this will matter anymore as we enter the 27th and airlines (hopefully) learn fast.. in fact, by yesterday (26th) most of them should have figured it out.

I departed Geneva Airport on the 25th with Qatar. A power horse through the pandemic, they were on the ball. First tier check-in didn't know: she requested all documents. However her supervisor was quick to appear and approve our boarding passes with nothing more than QR codes from the CHP website (which, I must add, still wasn't updated by evening of the 25th so several questions were redundant and there was no question about RAT). Nonetheless, green QR obtained and that's good enough.

Ironically, an accompanying friend who booked through CX but with a codeshare operated by LH: she was denied boarding as Swiss were adamant that 26th referred to departure time. We all know that's illogical since once HKIA make changes, it will affect the flow for all arriving pax and on the ground HKG could not care less. Alas, Swiss (LH agents in GVA) wouldn't budge. You would think that booking a ticket through HK's "home airline" gives benefit of insider knowledge. In reality, the staff at GVA were useless.

(To be fair, the IATA directive which they followed, was also poorly written: but it should not have been difficult to verify the actual situation with staff on the ground in HKG).

Will now have to see about a hotel refund for the unwanted extra night...

(Said friend has since departed, a day later on 26/Sep, without problems)
    shri likes this.

There is a reason why some here don’t fly with certain airlines anymore

Outbound to start with .. and then those folks have to return.

I got through the airport very quickly over the weekend. The plane taxiing (15 mins from the new runway to gate) was the longest bit. Was on the airport express about 45-50 mins after getting off the plane.

Fast and efficient unlike previous trips.

emx likes this.

A friend who has been doing PCR tests after recently arriving says she was asked at the testing centres whether she was just 'visiting'. Perhaps if you are just in HK for a couple of days the PCR / RAT palava is waived.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    A friend who has been doing PCR tests after recently arriving says she was asked at the testing centres whether she was just 'visiting'. Perhaps if you are just in HK for a couple of days the PCR / RAT palava is waived.
    I guess she registered using her passport?

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    PCR tests are mandatory for everyone who enters HK, unless they leave HK before the day of the mandated test.
    drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I guess she registered using her passport?
    No, HKID.
    shri likes this.

Some more relaxations from 3rd November:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...s-to-be-lifted

timonoj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Some more relaxations from 3rd November:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...s-to-be-lifted
    What year was this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast