Like Tree15Likes

Official 26th Sept Quarantine Changes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Official 26th Sept Quarantine Changes

From the govt press release:

Starting September 26, the boarding requirements and quarantine arrangements for inbound persons from overseas places or Taiwan will be adjusted as follows:

• Presentation of a negative nucleic acid testing report prior to boarding will no longer be required. Instead, a declaration of the negative result of a self-arranged rapid antigen test (RAT) conducted within 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure should be made via the online Health & Quarantine Information Declaration of the Department of Health.
    • Boarding requirement of having completed vaccination for Hong Kong residents will be lifted. Non-Hong Kong residents aged 12 or above will still be required to be fully vaccinated or have obtained a medical exemption certificate before they are allowed to board a flight for Hong Kong.
    • "Test-and-go" arrangement will be implemented at the Hong Kong International Airport, i.e. inbound persons will not be required to wait for the test result at the airport after undergoing specimen collection for the nucleic acid test. They can take public transport or self-arranged transport to return to their home or their hotel of choice.
    • Quarantine arrangement upon arrival at Hong Kong will be changed to "0+3", i.e. no compulsory quarantine will be required. There will be three days of medical surveillance during which inbound persons are free to go out but are obliged to comply with Amber Code restrictions under the Vaccine Pass, followed by a four-day self-monitoring period, making it a 7-day observation period in total.
    • Nucleic acid tests at community testing centres, mobile testing stations or other recognised institutions on Day 2, Day 4 and Day 6 (the day of arrival is Day 0) will be required upon arrival at Hong Kong, supplemented by daily RATs from Day 1 to Day 7.
    • For inbound persons who are tested positive by nucleic acid tests or RATs, their Vaccine Pass will be converted to a Red Code. Their isolation arrangements will be aligned with that for local cases.

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2092400048.htm

not sure

I’m sorry if this has been asked before, I can’t find the info? Can you enter Government buildings, Wanchai Immigration tower specifically, with an AMBER code? TIA!

Not entirely clear from the English version whether "self-arranged" RAT test means "do it yourself before getting on the plane" or "arrange a supervised RAT test".

Over at the renamed "HK Support Group", the consensus is that it's the former.

Hopefully the updated health declaration will clarify when it's available.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Not entirely clear from the English version whether "self-arranged" RAT test means "do it yourself before getting on the plane" or "arrange a supervised RAT test".

Over at the renamed "HK Support Group", the consensus is that it's the former.

Hopefully the updated health declaration will clarify when it's available.
    Yes as I understand it’s a Do Yourself, upload result to the health declaration form.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    I’m sorry if this has been asked before, I can’t find the info? Can you enter Government buildings, Wanchai Immigration tower specifically, with an AMBER code? TIA!
    Immigration is exempt from amber code - you can enter. Most govt bldgs are exempt unless you have prolonged mask off activities like sports.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Thank you Shri!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    Yes as I understand it’s a Do Yourself, upload result to the health declaration form.
    Thanks - that's the consensus but I'm slightly concerned that the airlines might interpret it differently (as they have with some of the previous restrictions).

I guess we'll get confirmation in a few days when people start using the new system.
    Mrs. Jones and Morrison like this.

Seems to be fairly obvious on the press release that you need to take a rat test and self declare on the govt website.

With the COVID-19 testing services in overseas places being scaled back, inbound persons may have difficulties in obtaining the required testing report prior to boarding for Hong Kong. Therefore, the pre-departure test for inbound persons from overseas places and Taiwan will be changed to an RAT (can be self-administered or by professional swab sampling) conducted within 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure. The relevant inbound persons should then declare the test result via the Health & Quarantine Information Declaration.
    Don't know what needs to be presented to the airlines. I am assuming that the check in protocols will be updated.. Hopefully not by trail and error.

Would not want to be boarding in the 26th..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Don't know what needs to be presented to the airlines. I am assuming that the check in protocols will be updated.. Hopefully not by trail and error.

Would not want to be boarding in the 26th..
    SQ have not updated their website with the latest check in guidance for HK. I am hoping that their internal check in systems have updated guidance or there will be a lot of pissed of passengers today.

Name:  IMG_20220926_051714.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  243.1 KB

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast