Like Tree23Likes

TW/TM bike path - your views sought

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

@FrancisX, correct me if I'm wrong, but it literally was you complaining about Hullexile creating typhoon threads, wasn't it?

This is is the guy who lives in typhoon country, and gives a heads up to people further along the usual path that typhoons take, and iirc, has run charity fundraisers for the poor people in his area who have been impacted by catastrophic weather.

A post history check is not some scary, time consuming exercise - it's literally two clicks and fifteen seconds of scanning. I suggest you try self reflection sometime instead of poking your fingers into your ears and shouting "nyah nyah nyah can't hear you"

TB can be abrasive and I've gotten onto massive arguments with him. He and Hull still go at it hammer and tongs. He obviously doesn't suffer fools gladly, but he showed remarkable restraint just a day ago trying to explain repeatedly why LDIs were not going to destroy the world.

Simply shouting over and over that this forum should only be for people who meet your own criteria is casually arrogant, and the usual answer to this is if you don't want to play in this sandpit the way it is, then you're welcome to go build your own.

aw451 and shri like this.

Cyclists not an issue with me, I/they dodge when needed and carry on walking....but I am interested to see the public feedback. I think max20% positive for cyclists and the rest will be safety/restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    That is probably the less than 1%.

There is a wide array of cyclist in HK from popping for breakfast, commuting to work and being serious about it.
    I think the divide is geographical. There's a unique hardship factor for some...namely the ones physically closer to that part of HK that doesn't care for cyclists������
    Last edited by sarsi; 07-10-2022 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    @FrancisX, correct me if I'm wrong, but it literally was you complaining about Hullexile creating typhoon threads, wasn't it?

This is is the guy who lives in typhoon country, and gives a heads up to people further along the usual path that typhoons take, and iirc, has run charity fundraisers for the poor people in his area who have been impacted by catastrophic weather.

A post history check is not some scary, time consuming exercise - it's literally two clicks and fifteen seconds of scanning. I suggest you try self reflection sometime instead of poking your fingers into your ears and shouting "nyah nyah nyah can't hear you"

TB can be abrasive and I've gotten onto massive arguments with him. He and Hull still go at it hammer and tongs. He obviously doesn't suffer fools gladly, but he showed remarkable restraint just a day ago trying to explain repeatedly why LDIs were not going to destroy the world.

Simply shouting over and over that this forum should only be for people who meet your own criteria is casually arrogant, and the usual answer to this is if you don't want to play in this sandpit the way it is, then you're welcome to go build your own.
    Okay, I will correct you. You are wrong.

I did post on that thread, but nothing to do with typhoons. Think it was about his odd habit of posting photos of school kids.

As for the rest, your interest in me is edging towards worrying. Please try and keep your distance.

I suggest some self reflection for yourself. You are not the moderator, so stop acting like it. I get the feeling you like to be in control. You should adjust that urge.

The sandpit was not created to serve your selfish interests, so stop acting that way. (The cheek of you to accuse somebody else of being arrogant after a post like the one above).

You play your way and I'll play mine. You decide your criteria and I'll decide mine. Then we can all live happily ever after

Late to this thread- finding newly-launched dedicated govt websites for projects is a nightmare... there should really be a website to link to all project websites, irrespective of govt department (CEDD, PlanD, TD)

Should've been done 20 years ago when they widened most of us Castle Peak Road to 2x2 lanes.

Obviously they aren't going to sacrifice traffic lanes for it, and given the state of the new cycle track between Yuen Long and Sheung Shui where one must by law (and it is enforced!) dismount every 20 or so metres, this seems to be the best option, plus a nice view.

Still clearly meant only for recreational cycling.

A shame though that Castle Peak Road has become a mini highway that cuts off sea-access to most neigborhoods along the road but oh well, it's HK and it's 80s urban planning.

Next-up on the govt cycling program should ideally be fixing broken links. Lots of cycle routes in new towns have been chopped up throughout the years when new highways and the like get built.

Also with the collapse of most dockless bike services (loco seems to be the only one left?) now would be a good time to introduce proper bike sharing stations like in most major Western cities.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Okay, I will correct you. You are wrong.

I did post on that thread, but nothing to do with typhoons. Think it was about his odd habit of posting photos of school kids.

As for the rest, your interest in me is edging towards worrying. Please try and keep your distance.

I suggest some self reflection for yourself. You are not the moderator, so stop acting like it. I get the feeling you like to be in control. You should adjust that urge.

The sandpit was not created to serve your selfish interests, so stop acting that way. (The cheek of you to accuse somebody else of being arrogant after a post like the one above).

You play your way and I'll play mine. You decide your criteria and I'll decide mine. Then we can all live happily ever after
    I missed this reply, this is gold

Nah, it was to complain that people outside HK were posting on the board. https://geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread...ml#post3886397

This is from the guy who elsewhere asked the 'mods' to work out a way to stop non-HK posters from posting.

The lack of self awareness is really entertaining. It's either that or I'd agree with another person's take on it that it is simply constant shit-posting out of some powerless sense of frustration.
    Last edited by jgl; 25-10-2022 at 09:03 AM.
    TheBrit likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4