Like Tree140Likes

What Bold Measures are needed to revive the 852?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Bold moves ...

- Stamp Duty Holiday of sorts...
    - No/less due diligence on some types of visas for some types of firms

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/195821/
    Hong Kong could take a leaf out of Dubai's book with regards to visas. The UAE has made so many pathways to get a visa to live, work and retire there.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    Hong Kong could take a leaf out of Dubai's book with regards to visas. The UAE has made so many pathways to get a visa to live, work and retire there.
    IMO there are sufficient pathways to study/work/live in HK, more for brothers from another father, what HK needs is fixing livelyhood issues, more people will come and STAY as well.. (Retirees are last priorities for HK anyway)

They should target international conventions which also "follow the science":

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/d...al-conference/

How is the Lantau Tomorrow vision moving ahead? We can't lie flat..

Its seems like one of the latest initiatives, is to ask primary/secondary school students for ideas on how to achieve a successful project. This might be somewhat of a genius stroke, I mean we might actually get some reasonable ideas out of this..

https://www.lantau.gov.hk/filemanage...er-Updated.pdf

MatthieuTofu likes this.

Thumbs up

Is there a resurgence like what's happening with measles...the last time I heard the words flat earth uttered out loud was in primary sch, from a higher P kid who said yeah some ppl think the earth is flat...

I think brainstorming is chicken soup for everyone's soul right now. I have a feeling JL and team are mulling over this like we are, sorta aimless, but trying to save up on ideas while time stands still. We're waiting on them for guidance and they're waiting on guidance from BJ?/but really whole world. Everyone waiting on everyone to cast a light but WHO/FDA still infecting everyone with their inner blog wars. So I say we brainstorm away.

My money is still on the first 2 suggestions as highest probability.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    How is the Lantau Tomorrow vision moving ahead? We can't lie flat..

Its seems like one of the latest initiatives, is to ask primary/secondary school students for ideas on how to achieve a successful project. This might be somewhat of a genius stroke, I mean we might actually get some reasonable ideas out of this..

https://www.lantau.gov.hk/filemanage...er-Updated.pdf
    I think the winner will be the one that suggests we give large swathes of land to a single developer that promises to use mainland construction firms.

Foreign buyer (non-PR) stamp duty may not be scrapped. Just a rebate if you get PR. HK has a supply side problem with housing not an export problem. I have yet to see any foreigners take their flats with them when they leave. The extra tax should be on vacant properties.

Name:  mcivers-house-move.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  75.3 KB

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...pgtype=section

qhank likes this.

Hong Kong cannot be revived.

Once rule of law has been eroded, freedom of speech and assembly done, and the NSL cemented into the fabric of society, we're doomed.

Only thing they can do is to eliminate all covid protocols immediately and hope a few tourists might come.

rs4, Gatts and MatthieuTofu like this.

Let's hope a Paul Kelly will emerge soon from within here and in BJ... read an article posted here a while ago abt Australia scrapping Q and it sounded at least from the article that he (Chief Medical Officer for Aus) was the reason. Sometimes all it takes is one strong unwavering lead to tip the balance.

I would rather prop/SD related measures be left when really needed for economy not talent bcos this is their default helpline... but don't like the idea of rebate back to new PRs. Don't give back money when you don't need to😅

Or use it to roll them in deeper, say full rebate for 1st if you buy 2nd in 10 yrs. Amt might not make a diff for such a big decision but you know they def will be tripping it here once in a while to scout out situation. Still dollars coming in for travel, agents, ppl in and out etc

The reality is that many of us expats and locals are still carrying on with our exit-plan.
    It would take a lot of us to stop. Perhaps; abolishment of NSL and restore rule of law, honor the sino-british agreement, restore the "One country two systems" as we know has no meaning.

We have to just accept the reality is ideology over policy and business, is here to stay.

For me what would make me move my company and family to the UK:
    - Putting HK behind the great china firewall.
    - Assimilation into Shenzhen
    - Removal of the HK/China border.

I know many people try to make sense of China/HKGov actions and hope things will return to making sense, so that there is recovery. I think trying to expect sense and it to drive to recovery is a formula to stay depressed and in despair. We have to be pragmatic and evaluate what HK is good benefits and just ditch this place when

Also don't forget you can leave HK and have a company here and drive your money and enjoy the tax benefits, whilst you live in some European where you don't want to be taxed.

If you like stocks, and you look at HK like a listed company, say Apple, it has amazing growth but then when the leadership it sunk... and when into a spiral and demise. Out of all the economies, empires, and corporations, it is highly unlikely that a Steve Jobs will emerge especially as HK is not independent. No China leader is going to let a HK leader excel.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast