Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By bdw
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By jgl

Virgin Air Departs From Hong Kong

Virgin Air Departs From Hong Kong

shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

Virgin Atlantic to Oz in 2019 or thereabouts was probably the single worst longhaul flight I've done... ever. I haven't flown them since. Did other people find them okay?
    qhank likes this.

28 years

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Virgin Atlantic to Oz in 2019 or thereabouts was probably the single worst longhaul flight I've done... ever. I haven't flown them since. Did other people find them okay?
    Virgin Atlantic stopped flying Hong Kong to Aus in 2014. I flew them a few times, upper class, limo pickup from office. Was awesome

I think you are referring to Virgin Australia which is a completely different kettle of fish. VA also permanently pulled out of Hong Kong, in 2020, but was not due to COVID, was announced in 2019 and they stopped Melbourne services in November 2019 and then Sydney in Feb 2020.

https://youtu.be/yr6DHyq6W2Y
    jgl likes this.

besides NE asia, not much benefit in transiting in HK. With China being out of limit, that doesn't leave many reasons to transit here.

Qantas' exciting seasonal service from Perth Airport, Western Australia to Rome Fiumicino has had an impressive start since its launch on June 22nd. Data from Australia's Department of Infrastructure shows its ‘seat utilization’ was 97.7 % on inbound services and 91.9 % on outbound services.

https://simpleflying.com/2-percent-s...y-sydney-rome/

bdw likes this.

VS was nice when I was younger - funky seats, great personal TVs (before other airlines got in on this). If you were in Upper Class, you had the limo service in London, the cool funky lounge, and they sponsored all these minor celebs so you were bound to spot someone 'famous' in the lounge (this was in the Heat Magazine zenith days). I remember seeing Freddie Flintoff in his fat years. Beast of a man!

With the other airlines catching up, the hard product was no longer so unique and the soft product was also pretty useless. As a single guy in upper I had much better service than people from other demographics.

I stopped flying with them to HK when the airplane I was meant to fly on had some problem and they needed to fly in a part to fix it on their next flight to HK...this meant my flight was delayed by 24hours as they did not/was not able to source the part locally. Whereas this wouldnt have been an issue with CX or BA. I stopped flying Air New Zealand on this route for the same reason (despite the better seats and food!).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:

With the other airlines catching up, the hard product was no longer so unique and the soft product was also pretty useless. As a single guy in upper I had much better service than people from other demographics.
    Bold quote - why do you think that was the case?