Like Tree10Likes

Cathay's Revival ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Just had an email from Augustus Tang - what a pompous name to pick for oneself.

Seems they are extending club memberships automatically. I think I'd rather hitch a ride on a container ship next time.
    I press delete email when his face pops up

Glassdoor shows $50k+ salaries so maybe low base is the norm and there's a steep ramp with seniority and flying hrs (doc starting pay/hrs worked is pretty depressing too for first 10 yrs). I don't even know precovid pay but I prefer that they get paid more than $50k... Planes are specialized machinery and they are responsible for a lot of lives day in and out. Ppl now really just want to be home with full access to Internet and pad even worse after covid so this job will be more unappealing than ever. I've been dreading eastern air verdict and because mh370 verdict is inconclusive/pilot suicide rumors, I doubt that's the last we'll see and I don't want to pay someone a salary to be in charge of an aircraft when that salary is going to be a major cause for depression :'(

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Yeah, I got that too. I haven't taken a Cathay Flight since 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Just had an email from Augustus Tang - what a pompous name to pick for oneself.

Seems they are extending club memberships automatically. I think I'd rather hitch a ride on a container ship next time.
    My status expiry date is still showing as dec 2022. Maybe they haven't run the batch job yet?

Still can’t use any of my soon to be expired miles or bookable upgrades for the life of me, even as a Diamond member. F these guys

shri likes this.

@MABinPengChau

Do you feel it too. This silent discrimination against us 0 pt green members.

Yes. Very hard to use points.

It'll be China Pacific soon.

https://www.scmp.com/article/74151/c...rlds-best-paid

Read the 2nd paragraph in there. Corrected for average HK inflation a senior CX captain would be earning over 600k per month in today's money, excluding benefits. Now a senior captain makes a third of that, including benefits.

New cadets get paid 31k base salary for the first 3 years as they have to pay back their training. Of course CX is going out of their way to roster everyone just below their minimum productivity hours, so most pilots make very little more than basic pay.

Wayy too low just on its own as comp. True that there are plenty ppl earning much less and have longer sweat hours but Imo there are some jobs that should offer a salary just that little bit better so employees are motivated to keep skills sharp to keep the job, for the best interest for all parties. This is one of them..nuclear plant workers..higher rank govt personnel so they dont get tempted by private sector.

I know this is industry term but there's something abt calling it production hrs in the flying context that's rubbing me the wrong way >.<. Is there some unresolved issue that the union can't say explicitly on media? Shortage of pilots would mean good for increasing min hours but not enough hrs beyond min is one of their concerns raised.

$9k is an insult, no wonder nobody is interested.

They should bring back their secondary hubs at BKK, SIN, KUL if they want to have more staff and keep costs down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast