Like Tree10Likes

Cathay's Revival ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Does SQ hub out of HK? How unpatriotic to suggest that they need a hub in SEA! <-- thats a smiley ...

The Mrs spent about 30 mins on hold with their hotline ... and gave up. Well done Mr Augustus... certainly an elevated experience at 2.5x the cost.

And get your f'ing webmaster to fix the link to the form for rebooking awards tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The Mrs spent about 30 mins on hold with their hotline ... and gave up. Well done Mr Augustus... certainly an elevated experience at 2.5x the cost.

And get your f'ing webmaster to fix the link to the form for rebooking awards tickets.
    Its pretty bad, I spent 2 hours swearing last night, trying to use their crazy web interface to search for available miles flights to Europe in May next year. I felt like a detective mapping out the few free seats for the whole month of May to Europe still available and then coming up with a plan how to book it for me and the wife (we are flying out on different dates). In the end managed to get Prem Eco tickets back and forth, but man, barely worth it, given we have to at least one way fly on a less desirable date. With taxes and fees paid the price difference is not huge towards paying for Lufthansa flights in Prem Econ. But now we get the luxury of flying CX at least , and my miles that expire this month found a use!
    shri likes this.

I conspiracy theorize that they are letting it rot for now/no real hurry because they are waiting for the govt to announce their plan abt the 500,000 giveaway tickets in case it messes up with bookings...

You do not ever want to call Cathay for any ticket issues. You are bound to be burst a blood vessel.

My connecting flight was canceled when I was in Canada and Cathay could not find the details on the cancelation since it was a different airline (their partner airline Westjet). They said because the ticket is missing, but cannot prove I didnt fly, they could not reschedule because they dont know what happened to the connecting flight/ticket... I had to pay for a new ticket and it took them 3 weeks to refund me my first ticket.

Summary: called cathay over 20x, sometimes the queue is 10 minutes, sometimes the wait is 2+ hours (Yes, 2+ hours listening to their fucking annoying queue music), the Customer Service Rep has little to no authority on how to resolve issues, Cathay has little to no communication with their operating partners, constantly blaming their system and business partners. overall the worst worst worst airline experience Ive had.

If there is a choice, I would never fly Cathay again.

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah well Economy tickets are stupid to book with miles, exactly for your mentioned reasons. The value has always been in long haul business class tickets. Like when we booked HKG-JFK direct flight in business for 2 pax back and forth. Those tickets booked 8 months in advance would have cost over 100k HKD and I got them for some miles and like 2k in taxes and fees, thats a proper pro booking.

Now I did Premium Economy, which doesnt really fall in the stupid category or the pro category. We did definitely get some value for the miles compared to buying, but just barely worth it the way I calculate. Basically our saving was still quite a bit larger than what the miles are worth for a purchase of an item with miles.

Does SQ hub out of HK? How unpatriotic to suggest that they need a hub in SEA! <-- thats a smiley ...
    SQ operated HKG-SFO for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    SQ operated HKG-SFO for a long time.
    That does not make it a hub... Makes it a transit airport.

Still .. no mainland airline would hub out of Changi ..

That does not make it a hub... Makes it a transit airport.

Still .. no mainland airline would hub out of Changi ..
    Worthwhile if it makes money.

Original Post Deleted
    cargo and mail may be?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast